xs11.org is MIA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• xs11.org is MIA

For those of you who care..Forumer was moving the site to a more secure server...that was 6 days ago and still nothing... Forumer sucks...
    1980 XS650G Special-Two
    1993 Honda ST1100

Actually it was supposed to be to new faster servers with a newer version of the software. I've been lurking in the support forums for forumer, and some of the other folks on the same server actually PAY for their forums, and they are HOPPING mad . Some forums are showing as totally gone, some such as .org are showing as under maintainability and some are there and just royally messed up.

And the attitude of the folks with any actual ability to do anything about it seems to be "who cares" . The actual front line people seem to be really embarrassed by the whole thing.

I hope it's OK with TC and the mods if we discuss this here as long as we stay within the rules of the forum? We don't really have anywhere else to discuss this, since the rug was pretty much pulled out from under us pretty much without any warning at all. I hope that never happens here, as I don't know if the site is hosted on a hosting site or what, but I know like most anyplace, there are a LOT of things beyond your direct control.
    Cy

1980 XS1100G (Brutus) w/81H Engine
    Duplicolor Mirage Paint Job (Purple/Green)
    Vetter Windjammer IV
    Vetter hard bags & Trunk
    OEM Luggage Rack
    Jardine Spaghetti 4-2 exhaust system
    Spade Fuse Box
    Turn Signal Auto Cancel Mod
    750 FD Mod
    TC Spin on Oil Filter Adapter (temp removed)
    XJ1100 Front Footpegs
    XJ1100 Shocks

I was always taught to respect my elders, but it keeps getting harder to find one.

Comment

Actually Harry does pay a yearly fee for it.
      Nathan
      KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
      K&N Filter
      #45 pilot Jet, #137.5 Main Jet
      OEM Exhaust
      ATK Fork Brace
      LED Dash lights
      Ammeter, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, and Volt Meters

Green Monster Coils
      SS Brake Lines
      Vision 550 Auto Tensioner

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

Well I never really cared for the graphics or the way threads sub forums etc were displayed by the Forumer format...never got used to it...
        Last edited by madmax-im; 10-13-2011, 05:47 PM.
        1980 XS650G Special-Two
        1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Originally posted by natemoen View Post
          Actually Harry does pay a yearly fee for it.
          If so much work developing the website wasnt at stake...I'd say drop forumer and start over with a new server like vBulletin...
          1980 XS650G Special-Two
          1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Originally posted by madmax-im View Post
            Well I never really cared for the graphics or the way threads sub forums etc were displayed by the Forumer format...never got used to it...

He he you can blame Ivan for that, you know how engineers are. If it works....break it.
            Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Well, from what I've been reading on the support forums over there, it won't look remotely the same. Lot of not very happy campers about it either.
              Cy

Vetter Windjammer IV
              Vetter hard bags & Trunk
              OEM Luggage Rack
              Spade Fuse Box
              750 FD Mod
              XJ1100 Front Footpegs
              XJ1100 Shocks

I was always taught to respect my elders, but it keeps getting harder to find one.

Comment

Originally posted by cywelchjr View Post
                Well, from what I've been reading on the support forums over there, it won't look remotely the same. Lot of not very happy campers about it either.
                The big question is WHEN will it "won't look remotely the same" CZ

Comment

I think the big question is actually whether there is even a need for a .org site anymore?
                  Former owner, but I have NO PARTS LEFT!

Comment

Sure there is. Where else can sick demented liars allow thier real personalities to be known so that they can be exposed for who they REALLY are?
                    Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

I think it's just a place where a little different type of conversation takes place. It's a place where persons can say what they wish, and they don't have to worry about being banned for doing so, unless they actually break a law that could get the forum in legal trouble.
                      Cy

Vetter Windjammer IV
                      Vetter hard bags & Trunk
                      OEM Luggage Rack
                      Spade Fuse Box
                      750 FD Mod
                      XJ1100 Front Footpegs
                      XJ1100 Shocks

Comment

I do believe there is merit in having another venue...There will be a need and once you started something and had the rug pulled out from under you...well theres a void...and it hasnt taken long for .org to become another extension of the overall XS/XJ community and I suspect you have not seen the last of .org IMHO.
                        1980 XS650G Special-Two
                        1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

IDK, from my perspective it had drifted too far off the subject of bikes to be of any interest.
                          Former owner, but I have NO PARTS LEFT!

Comment

Well, don't know if the forumer site is going to come back up or not. But if you go to http://www.xs11.org that will take you to the replacement site that is not hosted by a commercial hosting site. I was told that it was ok to announce it was open to the public. You will have to re-register, and it's starting over from scratch, but backups and such are not at the whim of someone who apparently doesn't care.
                            Cy

Vetter Windjammer IV
                            Vetter hard bags & Trunk
                            OEM Luggage Rack
                            Spade Fuse Box
                            750 FD Mod
                            XJ1100 Front Footpegs
                            XJ1100 Shocks

Comment

Originally posted by DAVINCI View Post
                              IDK, from my perspective it had drifted too far off the subject of bikes to be of any interest.
                              Joe

78XS1100

Comment

Working...
                              X