• Show
Clear All

Thanks All,
    I will try these.
    1981 XS 11 special
    red
    40,000 miles

Comment

So, while I feel a bit like a stupid newbie (oh, wait, I am)
      I started with the simple (free) advice that I recieved here. Opening the helmet vents made an amazing difference on my ride in this morning. Given the condition of the road I took to work this morning (construction, an amazing difference 2 days ago) I am not certain that I would have survived my ride in with the visibility issues I had been fighting over the last week and a half. Thanks to all, I will be looking into other solutions, as I know that the moisture/ cold problems are going to get much worse around here long before I am ready to put the bike away for the winter.
      1981 XS 11 special
      red
      40,000 miles

Comment

Cat Crap

REI has carried it for years.

http://www.rei.com/search?query=cat+crap
        RIP Whiskers (Shop Boss) 25+yrs

"It doesn't hurt until you find out no one is looking"

Everything on hold...

Comment

Always had problems with fogging in the past, but had to buy new helmets for my wife and I this weekend. Went with a scorpion.

http://shopping.scorpionusa.com/C55D...A02B6A95984ADC

That one specifically, it has a noseguard / breath re-director built in and for the first time ever, no problems with fogging up, has excellent ventilation in it also. Only ran about $100 for the helmet, so I consider it money well spent.

Manny~
          ~Manny~

78 XS-1100 Standard
          TC's Fuse Block Mod
          33,000 Miles and Going Strong.

Comment

I use a mask from the hopital I used to work at. The mask is used for patients using oxygen. The mask fits over my nose and mouth. The 1" diameter hose was trimmed to just below the chin of my full-face helmet and allows me to breathe fresh air by directing my breath outside the helmet.
            The downside is condensation inside the mask and the strange red ring on my face when I take the helmet and mask off.
            For rain, I keep a rag on the handlebar to wipe the shield as needed.
            Pat Kelly
            <p-lkelly@sbcglobal.net>

1978 XS1100E (The Force)
            1980 XS1100LG (The Dark Side)
            2007 Dodge Ram 2500 quad-cab long-bed (Wifes ride)
            1999 Suburban (The Ship)
            1994 Dodge Spirit (Son #1)
            1968 F100 (Valentine)

"No one is totally useless. They can always be used as a bad example"

Comment

Another reason

Why I use a 3/4 helmet. The only face shield is the one that I use to replace the visor when it rains.
              You can't stay young forever, but you can be immature for the rest of your life...

'78E "Pathfinder" Show bike...
              Lovingly restored by Dave Delzell
              Drilled airbox
              Tkat fork brace
              Hardly mufflers
              late model carbs
              Newer style fuses
              Oil pressure guage
              Custom security system
              Stainless braid brake lines

Comment

Working...