How did your bike get its name?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How did your bike get its name?

Just curious as to how everybody thought of the name for their bike....

After a few posts I'll explain mine.
    L. G.
    1979 XS1100SF
    Exodia, "The Forbidden One"
    1988 CBR600F Hurricane
    Tempest- died Aug. 10, 2005
    198x XS850
    -no name yet-

Bike NickNames...BTDT

Hey there Lord Grizzlon,

Follow this thread, it's been covered quite extensively, and then reply as desired!

Bike Nicknames thread

T.C.
    T. C. Gresham
    81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
    79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
    History shows again and again,
    How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

Bike name

My wife first named it Beast, because the exhaust pipe 'bit' her on the leg one time, and left a nasty burn. One day I saw a Midnight Special, and really liked it. When I first bought my 80 SG, it was a real rat. I spent over 150 hours restoring it, and then painted it black. While looking for some decent pipes, I came upon a set of OEM black pipes from an Midnight Special for only $80!! Jumped all over 'em! For X-mas in 93? she bought me a set of black handle bars. A few years ago, I replaced the original engine with one from an XJ11, and I painted it black also. I left the valve cover, ignition and alternator covers, and clutch adjusting cover silver, and polished them. The fenders and lower forks are still silver, but not for long. I'd like to have them powder coated black. I don't have any gold trim, so therefor it's not quite a Midnight Special, but it is now a Twilite Special. The Organ Donor...Well, that speaks for it self
      SWMBO's ride: 84 FJ1100 Screamer. She blew by me twice at over 130 mph. 'Nuff said.

Comment

So when it comes to 'fast women' you can speak from experience!
        Marty in NW PA
        Gone - 1978E - one of the first XS11 made
        Gone - 2007A FJR - the only year of Dark Red Metallic
        This IS my happy face.

Comment

Working...
        X