summer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• summer

things are cooling off here ,,far too soon in the great white north! seems i,m always in this same position every year where i,m not quite finished with summer but it,s finished with me ,, hence the name ,,ride safe ,,slow mo!
    The Belfast Express {1980 xs11oo special/TC fuse box/mikes xs pods/bad boy horn!/mikes green coils/mac 4 into 2 exhaust/ standard bars/vetter fairing c/w ipod CD iphone am/fm radio/tkat fork brace ,,,tuned by tinman
    moemcnally@hotmail.com
    i AM THE KING OF NOTHING

the people here are great , doesn't matter about the bike really/hamjam ////

I feel bad for you guys up north that only get a few months of riding... Hell, that's barely enough time to get used to the bike and take it to the edge!!
    But then again, I don't ride deep into the state in the deep summer either. I remember the last time I rode to Lake Okeechobbee (july), wore a long sleeve white tshirt over a tank top to ward of sunburn and once at the destination I was sweating buckets in the tank top in the shade... Needless to say, not riding there until mid october. Yet, our riding season is a tad longer. Sorry, not meaning to rub it in. Your bikes are a better buy than ours (low miles), sometimes!!
    1980G Standard, Restored
    Kerker 4 - 1
    850 Rear End Mod
    2-21 Flashing LED Arrays on either side of license plate for Brake Light Assist, 1100 Lumen Cree Aux Lights,
    Progressive springs, Showa rear shocks
    Automatic CCT
    1980GH Special, Restored
    Stock Exhaust, New Handlebars, 1" Spacer in Fork Springs, Automatic CCT, Showa Rear Shocks
    '82 XJ1100 (Sold)
    Automatic CCT, RC Engineering 4 X 1 Exhaust, K&N Pods, #50 Pilot Jets, YICS Eliminator. Sorely missed.

Comment

Come to North Carolina for the 30th. It should be perfect riding weather! We moved our rally almost 100 miles closer to Canada. Unfortunately, by doing so, we moved it 100 miles further from Florida.

I got a good ride in today. The weather was perfect!
      Marty (in Mississippi)
      XS1100SG
      XS650SK
      XS650SH
      XS650G
      XS6502F
      XS650E

Comment

went for a ride tonight in the crisp air ,, my bile loves the cold the pods open under acceleration sound changes and all is well as i zip by farms and fields with my eyes looking for deer that might try to ruin my evening ...i,m rambling ride safe ,,slow mo!
        The Belfast Express {1980 xs11oo special/TC fuse box/mikes xs pods/bad boy horn!/mikes green coils/mac 4 into 2 exhaust/ standard bars/vetter fairing c/w ipod CD iphone am/fm radio/tkat fork brace ,,,tuned by tinman
        moemcnally@hotmail.com
        i AM THE KING OF NOTHING

the people here are great , doesn't matter about the bike really/hamjam ////

Comment

Cool Riding

I hear ya Moe, I love this time of year for riding, the XS runs sooo much better in the cooler temp's. Not as many bugs but you can't ride early in the morning as you have to watch for black ice in the shady area's. But I hate this time of year as well as there is so much to do to get ready for winter. On the nice days getting the wood in, putting away the deck furnature, closing the pool, snow tires, landscaping etc. etc. really doesn't leave a lot of riding time. How the weather has change. It's october/november in august now. Global warming??? Not up here!!!!
          mack
          79 XS 1100 SF Special
          HERMES
          original owner
          http://i946.photobucket.com/albums/a...ps6932d5df.jpg

81 XS 1100 LH MNS
          SPICA
          http://i946.photobucket.com/albums/ad305/mack-055/2.jpg

78 XS 11E
          IOTA
          https://youtu.be/wB5Jfbp6SUc
          https://youtu.be/RaI3WYHSuWA

Have recovery trailer and shop if you breakdown in my area.
          Frankford, Ont, Canada
          613-398-6186

Comment

Working...
          X