Truth: V8 Dragbike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Truth: V8 Dragbike

DGXSER, I thought you might enjoy this! Hahaha.

A friend of mine was telling me about the bike his dad built and raced on the west coast back in the Sixties. He was the Cali answer to EJ Potter, The Michigan Madman, who raced several incarnations of his famous Widowmaker.

I did a little research and found some pics and info on the machine. It was named Truth and is one of the best constructed and finished V8 motorsickles that I have ever seen. Lots of these bizarre beasts look cobbled together and kinda unfinished. Truth is a good example of engineering and fabrication in a good lookin bike.

After my bud's old man got done with racing (You know the story, he got married and had kids.), he sold the bike. It ended up in England for several years but now the bike is back in Cali. I'm trying to contact the present owner so we can go see it. I'm keepin' my fingers crossed.

Here's a pic of it across the pond in Merry Olde England.

I cannot imagine sitting on the fender, laying my chest on the intake manifold, grabbing the bars and twisting the wick in anger. The roar emanating under yer torso would be unnerving.Holy Dog!

Here's an old pic with a Vincent girder front end.

This pic is from an old poster by Mouse. I had seen it before, way back when, and didn't know it was a real bike. I thought it was a photo collage. Freaked me out to find out it was real!

Here's a couple links to more information if yer interested.

http://www.thefang.co.uk/truth_article.htm

http://www.jockeyjournal.com/forum/s...2956&showall=1

It would take care of any constipation by laying on the engine + having the $hit scared out of you going down the track!
    Richard
    '79 XS1100SF "Phantom Stranger" full fairing w/radio and cd player, H-D Roadking trunk, everything else stock
    '02 Honda VTX1800C

Comment

If you were laying across the top of that magneto you better hope none of those wires leak!!!!

I guess that would help you keep a grip on those bars!!!
      RIP Whiskers (Shop Boss) 25+yrs

"It doesn't hurt until you find out no one is looking"

Everything on hold...

Comment

Working...
      X