Last of the Crown Vics.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last of the Crown Vics.

Looks like we will need to recalibrate our eyes for the new cruisers. Really is a sorry day for the automaker.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/busine...,1281773.story

Plus the last one is going overseas!
    RIP Whiskers (Shop Boss) 25+yrs

"It doesn't hurt until you find out no one is looking"

Everything on hold...

No real loss for law enforcement. They are the best of the available options but they really do suck for what they are used for!

It will still be a long time before they are truly gone though.

If you want to see where cop cars are going check out Carbon Motors and their E7. It is a real uphill battle for them as an upstart no name company but they are getting there. Hope I will be driving one someday!

http://www.carbonmotors.com/
    Nathan
    KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
    K&N Filter
    #45 pilot Jet, #137.5 Main Jet
    OEM Exhaust
    ATK Fork Brace
    LED Dash lights
    Ammeter, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, and Volt Meters

Green Monster Coils
    SS Brake Lines
    Vision 550 Auto Tensioner

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

I think it is more sad to see how many autos are made in Mexico, and Canada. Most of the autos made in the U.S.A. are Toyotas, and Hondas. Sad state of affairs. We deserve what we get for buying them.
      1980 XS1100LG Midnight
      1991 Honda CBR1000F Hurricane

"The hand is almost valueless at one end of the arm if there be not a brain at the other"

Here's to a long life and a happy one.
      A quick death and an easy one.
      A pretty girl and an honest one.
      A cold beer and another one!

Comment

Originally posted by XS1100 Newbie View Post
        I think it is more sad to see how many autos are made in Mexico, and Canada. Most of the autos made in the U.S.A. are Toyotas, and Hondas. Sad state of affairs. We deserve what we get for buying them.
        All the more reason to go with the Carbon Motors E7, made in Indiana.
        Nathan
        KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
        K&N Filter
        #45 pilot Jet, #137.5 Main Jet
        OEM Exhaust
        ATK Fork Brace
        LED Dash lights
        Ammeter, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, and Volt Meters

Green Monster Coils
        SS Brake Lines
        Vision 550 Auto Tensioner

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

I have a Subaru made in Indiana. Hyundai and BMW build cars in the USA as well. I think Volkswagen is building a plant in Chattanooga. Perhaps we should thank those folks for giving us jobs while our own manufacturers have moved to China and elsewhere.
          Marty (in Mississippi)
          XS1100SG
          XS650SK
          XS650SH
          XS650G
          XS6502F
          XS650E

Comment

Now hiring!

http://www.vwjobschattanooga.com/
            Marty (in Mississippi)
            XS1100SG
            XS650SK
            XS650SH
            XS650G
            XS6502F
            XS650E

Comment

Originally posted by jetmechmarty View Post
              I have a Subaru made in Indiana. Hyundai and BMW build cars in the USA as well. I think Volkswagen is building a plant in Chattanooga. Perhaps we should thank those folks for giving us jobs while our own manufacturers have moved to China and elsewhere.
              The sad irony... but true nonetheless
              1982 XJ1100 MadMax-im
              2001 Honda ST1100

Comment

From the original article...

"Mercury, which sold the Grand Marquis, was shut down altogether as a car brand last year"

What are the old people gonna drive now? Hope Buick still makes LeSabres.
                2H7 (79)
                3H3

"If it ain't broke, modify it"

☮

Comment

Pretty soon there will be a Crown Vic/ Grand Marquis.com like ours here for the XS/XJ1100
                  1979XS1100SF
                  K&N's and drilled airbox
                  Jardine 4in1
                  Dunlop Elite 3's
                  JBM slide diaphragms
                  142.5 main jets
                  45 pilot jets
                  T.C.'s fusebox & SOFA
                  750/850 FD mod.
                  XV 920 Needle Mod.
                  Mike's XS plastic floats set at 26mm
                  Venture Cam Chain Tensioner

Comment

Originally posted by bikerphil View Post
                    From the original article...

"Mercury, which sold the Grand Marquis, was shut down altogether as a car brand last year"

What are the old people gonna drive now? Hope Buick still makes LeSabres.
                    I too am sorry to see this. I have an '04 Mercury Marauder & like it. I understand that the Grand Marquis was the best selling of all makes & models in FL before being discontinued.

Looks like no more big cars. There are some fast or heavy sedans, but they are not as big. I will try to save putting miles on my soon to be rare big car by riding.

Brent in GA
                    It is a great big beautiful world out there
                    Brent in GA
                    Yamaha 80XS1100SG, HD Firefighter Special Edition 02 Road King, Honda 450 rat, 08 Buell 1125R tour modified, 83 goldwing parts bike gone-traded for XJ1100, 2014 HD electraglide police

Comment

What is really sad is my old 1962 Buick electra got 21 MPG on the road, and 18 in town, my 1965 Skylark with a 400 a,d 4 speed got just about the same. My 1972 montego with the 351c got 23 to 25 on the road. They all would have past DEQ with no problem, and been comfortable as well. I think they have went pretty much backwards with their thoughts. Our PT cruiser (built in Mexico) only get 25 on the hiway, and about 20 in town if we are lucky.
                      1980 XS1100LG Midnight
                      1991 Honda CBR1000F Hurricane

"The hand is almost valueless at one end of the arm if there be not a brain at the other"

Here's to a long life and a happy one.
                      A quick death and an easy one.
                      A pretty girl and an honest one.
                      A cold beer and another one!

Comment

Our PT cruiser (built in Mexico) only get 25 on the hiway, and about 20 in town if we

Yes, but at least they are smaller and less comfortable!
                        RIP Whiskers (Shop Boss) 25+yrs

"It doesn't hurt until you find out no one is looking"

Everything on hold...

Comment

Crown Vic

I think its a sad thing....I LOVE the Ford Crown Vic, they ride great, they are incredibly safe, they gots a V-8, mine gets like 28 mpg on highway, you really can not kill them, my first one had 199000 on it and still ran perfect, now I got a Grand Marquis. Oh and there is a web site for them already, there evidently is a big following for ex-police CVs....and Marauders.....And on another note I think that law enforcement is getting a lesser vehicle on ANY dodge. JMHO...ahem....
                          '79 XS 1100F

Comment

And on another note I think that law enforcement is getting a lesser vehicle on ANY dodge.
                            Perhaps you've heard the old saying, "Never mess with a guy who drives a Dodge. He's pissed off already!"
                            Marty (in Mississippi)
                            XS1100SG
                            XS650SK
                            XS650SH
                            XS650G
                            XS6502F
                            XS650E

Comment

Well, my personal experiences has formed my Opinion that anything made by the Chrysler Corporation is a four letter word.

As to the Crown Vic, well, they did not stop making it because they could not make it meet regs, they stopped because not enough people wanted it. If any other industry was as slow to respond to the changes in their market they would be bankrupt and out of business. Oh...Wait.....thats right, there was a bail out wasn't there. Hmmm...wonder why??
                              Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
                              80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
                              93 GSX600F
                              80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
                              81 XS1100 Special
                              81 CB750 C
                              80 CB750 C
                              78 XS750

Comment

Working...
                              X