All becouse of this community!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All becouse of this community!

Well I will say this up front....You guys rock!

I absolutely love this community! i have learned so much from your info threads, gotten parts from you all and sold parts to you all. Here's the story:

So there I was minding my own business, scanning through craigslist when I saw a jem of a bike...77 HD Iron Head Sporty blacked out on a hardtail frame, bobbed the F out. Needed a few minor things. So my idea was since I was selling my XJ750 Midnight Maxim I could use that cash towards the new scoot and have my two extremes of old school bikes. (and I could tell those checkbook HD guys that mine is all american...haha. So I tell the wife my plan and she likes it, but she added that once I got the Iron Head barely road legal and had the tune up done I should sell my XS11 Special. I laughed and said yeah I don't think so. She gave me the look we all know very well, but I acted as if I was doing something with my Special so no eye contact was made. Yes She was serious....I have one to many projects around here and well long story short....My XS11 Special is and will always be here in my garage and under my arse! I have to be honest if not for this community I might have sold her, but knowing I would have no real reason to be on here to chat, buy, sell and trade with you crazy SOBs made me sad.

Ride hard, Ride free, XS Forever!!
    DirtyNasty

79 XS1100SF (POW MIA theme)

I pray for clouds, because I know there won't be any HD or fair day riders out!

You would regret it

So DirtyNasty,,,,I guarantee you would regret selling the xs1100 beast. I have owned the Yam.xs750, and its half the bike of the xs1100,,,,small, whiney, ok for short puts, but for putting a grin on every ride, the big, ol' muscle bike of the 70's-80's xs1100 is one of a kind. Besides, the HD being a 1977 would probably breakdown every time you took it out, and after a couple of miles you would need back surgery and new eardrums. SOOOOO, be wise, be honorable and love your XS1100..............take care,,,,,,,Mike in Sun Diego
    mike
    1982 xj1100 maxim
    1981 venture bagger
    1999 Kawi Nomad 1500 greenie
    1959 wife

Comment

correction

correction, I owned and sold the xj750, just not the midnite special version, which is the same, just different color scheme. It was quick, but small and especially two up it was kind of dangerous............Mike
      mike
      1982 xj1100 maxim
      1981 venture bagger
      1999 Kawi Nomad 1500 greenie
      1959 wife

Comment

Working...
      X