X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For sale

1979 Yamaha RD 400 F Daytona Special for sale at the AMA classifieds

http://ama.sprocketlist.com
    You can't stay young forever, but you can be immature for the rest of your life...

'78E "Pathfinder" Show bike...
    Lovingly restored by Dave Delzell
    Drilled airbox
    Tkat fork brace
    Hardly mufflers
    late model carbs
    Newer style fuses
    Oil pressure guage
    Custom security system
    Stainless braid brake lines

Nice, I'd like to own it.
    79 XS11 Special (Lazarus)
    80 XS850 Special (Old Faithful)
    80 XS11 Standard sorta stock (Beatrice)
    79 DT 100

Comment

I think I've seen that one in person at a nearby bike show, it's sweeeet. It's right down the road from me. Hmmm.
      2H7 (79)
      3H3

"If it ain't broke, modify it"

Comment

Check out this Kawasaki H2 for sale... Since we're dreaming...

http://syracuse.craigslist.org/mcy/2567910759.html
        '79 XS11 F
        Stock except K&N

'79 XS11 SF
        Stock, no title.

'84 Chevy K-10 "Big Blue"
        GM 350, Muncie SM465, NP208, GM 10 Bolt with 3.42gears turnin 31x10.5 Baja Claws

"What they do have is an implacable, unrelenting presence and movement that bespeaks massive power lurking behind paint and chrome. They don't wail like a screeching ninja, the don't rumble like a harley. They just growl like a spactic, stressed out badger waiting to rip your face off and eat your soul." Trainzz~RIP~

Comment

Fyi

Did you explore the site much? Did you see that listings are free and go to the whole AMA membership? Something I didn't know until I got a e-mail from the AMA about the vintage bike show....
          You can't stay young forever, but you can be immature for the rest of your life...

'78E "Pathfinder" Show bike...
          Lovingly restored by Dave Delzell
          Drilled airbox
          Tkat fork brace
          Hardly mufflers
          late model carbs
          Newer style fuses
          Oil pressure guage
          Custom security system
          Stainless braid brake lines

Comment

Originally posted by bikerphil View Post
            I think I've seen that one in person at a nearby bike show, it's sweeeet. It's right down the road from me. Hmmm.
            I would like to see you get that Phill, Could you own it Without modifying it???!!

Brent in GA
            Thanks for link. Planedick
            It is a great big beautiful world out there
            Brent in GA
            Yamaha 80XS1100SG, HD Firefighter Special Edition 02 Road King, Honda 450 rat, 08 Buell 1125R tour modified, 83 goldwing parts bike gone-traded for XJ1100, 2014 HD electraglide police

Comment

Originally posted by Brent View Post
              I would like to see you get that Phill, Could you own it Without modifying it???!!
              Yep, I'd like to have that bike but surely something on it would need some "adjusting",
              2H7 (79)
              3H3

"If it ain't broke, modify it"

Comment

I had one.If anyone is looking for a fun street fighter this one is a giant killer.
                Terry
                1980 special (Phyllis)
                1196 10.5 to 1 kit,megacycle cams,shaved head,dynojet carb kit,ported intake and exhaust,mac 4 into 1 exhaust,drilled rotors,ss brake lines,pods,mikes xs green coils,iridium plugs,led lights,throttle lock,progressive shocks,oil cooler,ajustable cam gears,HD valve springs,Vmax tensioner mod

Comment

A shameless ruse

to get us to check out the AMA website! I followed your link, and it was to the AMA homepage and not to the specific ad.
                  The AMA is good. I think I may rejoin. If I paid my back dues for the past 45 years I would have mega pins to wear. Don't think I can afford the cost though. Wish I could see the bike, but I don't have the time to look for it.
                  Special Ed
                  Old bikers never die, they're just out of sight!

My recently re-built, hopped up '79 Special caught fire and burned everything from the top of the engine up: gas tank, wiring, seat, & melted my windshield all over the front of the bike. Just bought a 1980 Special that has been non oped for 9 years. My Skoot will rise from the ashes and be re named "The Phoenix!"
                  I've been riding since 1959.

Comment

Here you go

Here it is Ed..

http://ama.sprocketlist.com/Yamaha/2...a-Special.html
                    RIP Whiskers (Shop Boss) 25+yrs

"It doesn't hurt until you find out no one is looking"

Everything on hold...

Comment

2 strokes

Ah, nice!
                      A couple of weeks ago I was stopped at a light and I heard what sounded like a hot car with a racing cam. I traced the sound down to a Kawi 500/3 with expansion pipes. Lord what an awesome sound!
                      Those 350 to 400c.c. twin two strokes were light, nimble, and quick, if not fast. My second all time favorite bike was a Suzuki X6 Hustler. 250c.c. twin with a 6 speed gearbox. It would probably have kept up with my XS11 up to 60, but would have fallen behind after that. Those Yammi RDs could generally keep up with bikes twice their size.
                      Special Ed
                      Old bikers never die, they're just out of sight!

My recently re-built, hopped up '79 Special caught fire and burned everything from the top of the engine up: gas tank, wiring, seat, & melted my windshield all over the front of the bike. Just bought a 1980 Special that has been non oped for 9 years. My Skoot will rise from the ashes and be re named "The Phoenix!"
                      I've been riding since 1959.

Comment

Working...
                      X