sad day indeed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sad day indeed

hey guy's n gals,been quite a long time fer me. i was in a pretty bad accident on 9-27-10. Took a helicopter ride(not wanted....to the tune of $16.000) broke my bike in half, no really, not fixable. spent the night in a pond (me and scotter), Spent next 1 1/2 months in hospital, Gods got huge hands and was with me the whole time (and still is). just wanted to pass along the story. ALL'YA'LL BE SAFE PLZ!!!!! and sorry to say,will be looking for different scotter when i am able to get on my own two feet, unfortuneatly will be hoping for a slightly faster version (hyabussa type 1999). i have had great time in on and around this site, and meeting some great peeps in person. i will stop by frm time to time to say hey,and keep up on the latest news. be safe live long.
    1982 XJ 1100
    going strong after 60,000 miles

The new and not yet improved TRIXY
    now in the stable. 1982 xj11, 18,000miles

Sorry to hear

About your accident, but glad you are recovering and you are always welcome as far as I'm concerned no matter what you ride.

Rubber down,
    John
    John is in an anonymous city with an Alamo (N29.519227,W-98.678980)

Go ahead, click on the bikes - you know you want to...the electrons are ready.
    '81 XS1100H - "Enterprise"
    Bob Jones Custom Navy bike: Tkat brace, EBC floating rotors & SS lines, ROX pivot risers, Geezer rectifier, new 3H3 engine

"Not all treasure is silver and gold"

Comment

Glad to hear you recovered Mike. Very good to hear from you again. Too bad about the XJ, they're good bikes.
      Thanks for letting us know what happened.
      1980G Standard, Restored
      Kerker 4 - 1
      850 Rear End Mod
      2-21 Flashing LED Arrays on either side of license plate for Brake Light Assist, 1100 Lumen Cree Aux Lights,
      Progressive springs, Showa rear shocks
      Automatic CCT
      1980GH Special, Restored
      Stock Exhaust, New Handlebars, 1" Spacer in Fork Springs, Automatic CCT, Showa Rear Shocks
      '82 XJ1100 (Sold)
      Automatic CCT, RC Engineering 4 X 1 Exhaust, K&N Pods, #50 Pilot Jets, YICS Eliminator. Sorely missed.

Comment

"You can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave"

the people here are great , doesn't matter about the bike really

glad that yu are recovering Jim
        Seamus Ó hUrmholtaigh
        Niimi Moozhwaagan

NOTICE: No trees were destroyed in the sending of this message. We do concede, however, that a significant number of electrons may have been inconvenienced.

Any connection between your reality and mine is purely coincidental.

Member of "FOXS-11" (Former Owner of XS-11)
        and SOXS
        2008 Nomad "Deja Buick'

Comment

Originally posted by hamjam View Post
          "You can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave"

the people here are great , doesn't matter about the bike really

glad that you are recovering Jim
          you are one of the lucky one,s take good care of yourself,,slow mo!
          The Belfast Express {1980 xs11oo special/TC fuse box/mikes xs pods/bad boy horn!/mikes green coils/mac 4 into 2 exhaust/ standard bars/vetter fairing c/w ipod CD iphone am/fm radio/tkat fork brace ,,,tuned by tinman
          moemcnally@hotmail.com
          i AM THE KING OF NOTHING

the people here are great , doesn't matter about the bike really/hamjam ////

Comment

Wow, very very sorry to hear of your misfortune. Having had my own moment of misfortune, I can understand some of it. I was also given a heli lift to the care facility. Amazing you spent the night in a pond, just glad someone found you!!! I was fortunate a medically educated person found me about 40' from the road.

As to the XS, it is a cool bike, but there are others. I am a little surprised you decided you want a bigger beast if the one you had took you for a bad ride.

Hope you will reach full recovery if you have not. Some things take a long while to get full range of motion again.

You will always be welcomed here, no matter what you ride.
            Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
            80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
            93 GSX600F
            80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
            81 XS1100 Special
            81 CB750 C
            80 CB750 C
            78 XS750

Comment

Wow,

I agree, type of bike doesn't matter. Good luck, I keep wondering if I would have the nerve to get back on after an accident that bad. Pretty sure I'd be terrified of a busa though
              1981 XS 11 special
              red
              40,000 miles

Comment

Laying in a pond in Florida all night I would have been a bit scared of being eaten.

Glad to hear your OK.
                Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Working...
                X