Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ok who sent all this cold weather down to Alabama????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok who sent all this cold weather down to Alabama????

I was on the road @ 6:30 Am last Saturday morning it was 26 degrees and 25-30 mph wind gusts...woke me up really fast....Saturday nite @ 11 PM 28 degrees no wind....Sunday morning 26 degrees frost ...forgot to cover bike Sat nite...left house at 7 AM with a frosted and wet butt...Going home Sunday nite at midnite...30 degrees forgot to bring long sleeved shirt or thermal underwear with me...kinda chilly....I want my warm weather back...Ok 3 days of cold weather that should do it ....
    Terry O'Donnell
    81SH "BullDozer"
    Holy Riders Motorcycle Ministries
    [URL]www.holyriders.com[/URL]
    [URL]www.groups.yahoo.com/group/HRMC/[/URL]

OK, I'm jealous...

Saturday we awoke to 25 degrees F and 5 inches of snow. Over night we got 7 more inches, 19 degrees F. Tonight it might get to 5 degrees F.

Here we pray for spring to arrive before May 1st. You will probably be riding next week. Just think the fun you are missing, shoveling and sweating and freezing, all before your morning orange juice.

But, this allows us up here to appreciate our summer riding time more.

And I live south of sixtysix and the Canadians. I wonder what they are experiencing...

*sigh*
    Marty in NW PA
    Gone - 1978E - one of the first XS11 made
    Gone - 2007A FJR - the only year of Dark Red Metallic
    This IS my happy face.

Comment

OOOHHH CANADA

-15 and snowing , i hate it,ihate it,ihate it, lol. Wife wont move south so i guess May will come most likley just before June ! Christ im gettin cabin fever early...................MITCH
      Doug Mitchell
      82 XJ1100 sold
      2006 Suzuki C90 SE 1500 CC Cruiser sold
      2007 Stratoliner 1900 sold
      1999 Honda Valkyrie interstate
      47 years riding and still learning, does that make me a slow learner?

Comment

who sent all that weather??

Kkrazyt85,
        I think youre embarassing yourself in front of all your canuck buddies up here. hey hey.I snow blowed 2 feet of snow this morning then had to come home after work and blow and shovel again. The dog likes the snow. Ya , Nothing like getting sweat soaked to the ass twice in one day. My nylon snow pants going zztt, zztt as I walk .Its not the same here as a warm summer day when one can hop on the XS and cool off and dry off. beers still cold.Suck it up brother, I heard they only have four days of winter in texas too.whats in alabam?? by canadian standards youre in heaven.Mine dont come back out till april either, at least not till they get all the grit off the roads from sanding over a full blown six month winter.ride for me man, this site is the closest think I got to a motor bike ride right now. Listeningand reading to all the fun you guys are having. im conjuring up a weather spell for a heat wave in your location to night. ( hmm ,how many beers?? lost count again.)
        Regards
        Steve

Comment

it was 45 degrees this morning when i rode to work...
          Shawn
          78 XS1100E "Black Rat"
          78 XS1100E Parts
          www.hotrod1972.com

Comment

Winter in Texas?

As a transplanted Maineiac living in Texas for the past fifteen years, I can tell you that there is NO winter here. There are three seasons. Fall,which blends into Spring, and then SIX MONTHS OF HELL!! But, at least I get to ride all year long.
            Na na na na na na na!!!!

Comment

Since it dipped into the 20's a few days ago, I refuse to check the temp before or after riding to work - I don't want to know just how frozen I am going to get. The nice thing is that with the coming of winter in "sunny" Tallahassee, Florida, it means no more friggin' rain for a few months.

Oh, and there is plenty of motorcycle parking available now that all the fair-weather moped riders are back in their cars.
              1979 XS11F Standard - Maya - 1196cc (out of order)
              1978 XS11E Standard - Nina - 1101cc
              http://www.livejournal.com/~xs11

Comment

If you ride in the rain or when it's below 32 deg. F then you're a motorcyclist. All other just own a motorcycle.

Sadly, I registered my truck this year (68 Ford, was my Grandpas). I may drive it if it's raining (yeah right! where's my bike keys?).
                Pat Kelly
                <p-lkelly@sbcglobal.net>

1978 XS1100E (The Force)
                1980 XS1100LG (The Dark Side)
                2007 Dodge Ram 2500 quad-cab long-bed (Wifes ride)
                1999 Suburban (The Ship)
                1994 Dodge Spirit (Son #1)
                1968 F100 (Valentine)

"No one is totally useless. They can always be used as a bad example"

Comment

Oh, it's not too bad when it rains thanks to my waterproof jacket and shoes, I just wish I had some waterproof pants. The nice thing is that I am usually the only one on motorcycle those days and there is *plenty* of parking.
                  1979 XS11F Standard - Maya - 1196cc (out of order)
                  1978 XS11E Standard - Nina - 1101cc
                  http://www.livejournal.com/~xs11

Comment

Cold weather....

In 1982-84 I lived in Ogden Utah....Hill Air Force Base....I had a
                    GS 750E...As long as the roads were clear of Snow I rode...had to wash the bike off each time out due to salt and sand from the roads and the salt lake.....I remember riding many times at 20 degrees and several times at below zero....tried to ride on a clear day once when it was -14 degrees but I couldn't keep the bike running....my 81SH barely cranks now when it is in the 20's....still need to overhaul the carbs .....I love cold weather riding...I feel more protected when wearing my leather chaps and heavy leather jacket and such than in the summer when I go to Daytona Beach for bike week...wearing just jeans and gloves and a shirt with all those squids (first time riders etc..)...man it is dangerous around those kinda peeps...they don't just wreck themselves but take us with them 1/2 the dang time....Man I feel sorry for you guys up north...I will ride a mile for each of ya....and lets all pray for rain and cold fronts to hit Texas...LOL
                    Terry O'Donnell
                    81SH "BullDozer"
                    Holy Riders Motorcycle Ministries
                    [URL]www.holyriders.com[/URL]
                    [URL]www.groups.yahoo.com/group/HRMC/[/URL]

Comment

While you are freezing.....

We are experiencing, what you folks would call late Spring like weather. Cool in the morning (50's) and mid 70's during the day.

As a Buffalo, NY transplant to San Diego, I thoroughly enjoy rinding all year long.

Now for the good part. Was at a stop sign yesterday and a 800cc Vulcan pulled up next to me. He asked if my bike was quick and I said, "kinda". He took off, quickly, then, I blew him away. At the next light, he asked me with amazement what the bike was. Told him it is a Yamaha that is older than he, then pulled away thinking, I love my XS.

I saw him later in the day again, we chatted and made plans to take a ride to Tecate Mexico on 'Saturday with a buddy of his that has a Vulan also. Hope they can keep up!

Comment

cold fronts are fine.... but you can keep the rain...
                        Shawn
                        78 XS1100E "Black Rat"
                        78 XS1100E Parts
                        www.hotrod1972.com

Comment

who sent cold wedder to alabam?

Hi guys ,
                          Guess i stand corrected on Texas winters. Ever since I was young and we went to florida the air there is different than here. Any way late winter down there, Only been twice I always wanted to go for a ride. Was in vegas once and I was drooling. Should of rented a hog or something.old cars and bikes in almost perfect conditon. No salt to rust them out.scraped my jaw on the sidewalk as I walked around in awe mouth hangin open..Anyway I dont mind a cold day either. cold with rain i hate. Im gettin old and gotta watch the body joints.I wear my leathers. Got my lights and heavies i call them. if Im prepared for a threee hour clean of my bike a ride in the summer rain is okay. Ive always been leary of rain because i only have two wheels on wet pavement. can be dicey.good rubber or not, its the other guy Im always watchin out for. its cold here, need i say more about that.
                          BatmanI love your story about the vulcan. People or especially them "squids"( who by the way I never let ride behind me) always wonder what the hell Im riding too. Not often I show off what I got between my legs, (hey guys the bike Im talkin about, im riding,79 XS)But evry now and then I get one of these ego blobs squeeze through my brain and I show off a bit. i love it too when some one asks me what kinda bike is that im ridin and is that an 89 or a 90?I guess with the power and size and age of these bikes ,one gets a kinda repect from others."youve had that bike for 24 years????" Me a proud papa.Tough one for them to absorb for them. Okay im forced to write here. Ive improved my bike this year, thanks to the site.i had to winterize before I really gotta chnce to enjoy my enhancements. Im achin so bad for a ride listening to all the fun you fellows are havin.Guess i shouldnt wish for more global warming just so I can go for a scoot.. should pull the plug on this computor Im just ramblin on. Carry on.
                          steve

Comment

Who sent the cold weather to Alabama - probably the same guy who is responsible for this....
                            [IMG]/forum/images/tips/20031214-dsc02271.jpg[/IMG]

Sure glad my 25 year old snowblower is still going strong (8hp Briggs, 26" cut, dual stage auger, 6 speeds forward, two reverse, chains on both wheels, fresh sparkplug, new fuel line and filter...)
                            Ken Talbot

Comment

Snow Blower

Hey ken, Got a name for the snowblower? Also saw a pic of Black Ice. Beauty Eh?

Comment

Working...
                              X