leaking petrol from t-pieces on midnight special

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• leaking petrol from t-pieces on midnight special

are there o rings on t-pieces that join carbs mine appear to be leaking. Can anyone help with this. Thanks Johny

T pieces

The fuel "T"s will deteriorate over time. I recently found a guy in Atlanta, Georgia USA that has new brass "T"'s for sale. His web address is motorcyclecarbs.com. He knows A LOT about the Mikuni carbs used on the XS's. He will be able to help you. Good luck.

Comment

Hi John
      Thanks for the information on t-pieces.
      Happy riding, Johny

Comment

Oooh ? Ring

Hey there Johnny,

I could have sworn when I had mine apart that there were rubber O-rings that were around the ends of the nipples to make a seal, but both exploded views that I have, one from the microfiche, and the other in my Clymers don't show one, just the "T" fitting itself?!?!

However, if there really is one, you should be able to go to the local hardware store and pick up some to fit!? Good luck.

T.C.
        T. C. Gresham
        81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
        79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
        History shows again and again,
        How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

T's

From what I understand, the original fittings are coated and the coating is not replaceable like an o ring.

When I had mine apart, I cleaned off the old material, took automotive fuel hose with the correct inside diameter and trimmed the outerdiameter until it fit into the carbs. So far I have almost a thousand miles on this set up with no leaks. Just make sure that the hoses doen't go to far into the carbs and block the passage.
          Walt
          80 XS11s - "Landshark"
          79 XS11s
          03 Valkyrie
          80 XS Midnight Special - Freebee 1
          78 Honda CB125C - Freebee 2
          81 Suzuki 850L - Freebee 3

Comment

Working...
          X