Frogg Toggs Chilly Pad/Chilly Dana

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frogg Toggs Chilly Pad/Chilly Dana

Anyone used these things? They seem very similar in technology to the evaporative cooling vests, but in a towel/bandana format. One guy mentioned that he turned the towel into something like a ponco by cutting out a hole in the middle and wearing it draped over his chest and back while hiking. One review mentions placing it on your neck under the collar of your jacket. For $15, I may try it just for while mowing the lawn!

1980 XS850SG - Sold
    1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
    Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
    Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
    -H. Ford

I have used it

I have the towel and it works but mostly when the humidity is down. I rolled it for behind the neck.

Walmart has them cheap - i dont think i paid that much.

John
    John is in an anonymous city with an Alamo (N29.519227,W-98.678980)

Go ahead, click on the bikes - you know you want to...the electrons are ready.
    '81 XS1100H - "Enterprise"
    Bob Jones Custom Navy bike: Tkat brace, EBC floating rotors & SS lines, ROX pivot risers, Geezer rectifier, new 3H3 engine

"Not all treasure is silver and gold"

Comment

I've never seen anything made by Frogg Toggs at Walmart. Their website doesn't display anything either. Or did you get an off-brand?
      1980 XS850SG - Sold
      1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
      Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
      Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
      -H. Ford

Comment

dunno - bought it like 2-3 years ago

have to look cuz maybe the brand is different but its a small towel PVA pad about 12x28" (?)that came in a plastic can...maybe $9?

john
        Last edited by jwhughes3; 07-21-2011, 05:47 PM.
        John is in an anonymous city with an Alamo (N29.519227,W-98.678980)

Go ahead, click on the bikes - you know you want to...the electrons are ready.
        '81 XS1100H - "Enterprise"
        Bob Jones Custom Navy bike: Tkat brace, EBC floating rotors & SS lines, ROX pivot risers, Geezer rectifier, new 3H3 engine

"Not all treasure is silver and gold"

Comment

Working...
        X