No announcement yet.

Got Skill? Doubt it...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't care what kind of bike they're riding, that takes skill! Incredible work by all of the competitors, in BOTH countries!
    1980 XS850SG - Sold
    1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
    Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
    Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
    -H. Ford

Comment

makes me laugh because I just saw a post on CL a guy wanted to borrow/rent a strangers 500cc or smaller street bike to take his riding test at the DMV because he couldn't pass on his XS11.
      1979 xs1100 Special -
      Stock air box/K&N Filter, MAC 4-2 exhaust, Bad-Boy Air horn, TC fuse box, Windshield, Soft bags, Vetter Fairing, Blinkers->Run/Turn/Brake Lights, Headlight Modulator, hard wire GPS power

Short Stack - 1981 xs1100 Standard - lowered for SWMBO.

Originally posted by fredintoon
      Goes like a train, corners like a cow, shifts like a Russian tractor, drinks like a fish, you are gonna love it.
      My Bike:
      [link is broken]

Comment

Originally posted by psycoreefer View Post
        makes me laugh because I just saw a post on CL a guy wanted to borrow/rent a strangers 500cc or smaller street bike to take his riding test at the DMV because he couldn't pass on his XS11.
        There's something inherently wrong with that mentality... So the guy passes the test on a small bike, then takes his new license out on the road with a bike that he has already admitted that he can't control in a parking lot?!? I hope it takes too long for anyone to answer his ad, so he's forced to practice on his own bike long enough to pass on it.
        1980 XS850SG - Sold
        1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
        Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
        Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
        -H. Ford

Comment

Donnie's bike is so low on the sides, it's like it has training wheels! Very impressive, though, from both guys. I would've dumped it, tried to jump back up like it didn't hurt, and then holler out "Do-over!".
          Richard
          '79 XS1100SF "Phantom Stranger" full fairing w/radio and cd player, H-D Roadking trunk, everything else stock
          '02 Honda VTX1800C

Comment

Originally posted by CatatonicBug View Post
            There's something inherently wrong with that mentality... So the guy passes the test on a small bike, then takes his new license out on the road with a bike that he has already admitted that he can't control in a parking lot?!? I hope it takes too long for anyone to answer his ad, so he's forced to practice on his own bike long enough to pass on it.
            Wow that is just crazy to think about and unfortunately true! I had my XS four weeks then took my road test and passed with flying colors on it. I figured if I couldn't pass it then I wasn't ready for that bike, or any other for that matter!
            '79 XS11 F
            Stock except K&N

'79 XS11 SF
            Stock, no title.

'84 Chevy K-10 "Big Blue"
            GM 350, Muncie SM465, NP208, GM 10 Bolt with 3.42gears turnin 31x10.5 Baja Claws

"What they do have is an implacable, unrelenting presence and movement that bespeaks massive power lurking behind paint and chrome. They don't wail like a screeching ninja, the don't rumble like a harley. They just growl like a spactic, stressed out badger waiting to rip your face off and eat your soul." Trainzz~RIP~

Comment

Originally posted by natemoen View Post
              I still think the Japanese cops don't have the balls to do it on the street in traffic to catch aomeone. The US MC cops would though.
              Nate, you are way off on this one. The Japanese bike cops actually had to get throttled down buy their superiors. These guys used to pull up along side bikes racing through traffic and do crazy sh_t like reach over and hit the kill switch on the other bike. Another trick was to jump on the back of the bike when the bozo's were parked and rip the guy off when he was trying to drive away. I lived in Japan for 17 years and I have seen them guys in action. When you get a group of 2-3 hundred teenagers on motorcycles swinging bats at cars, things can get a little crazy with the cops. I witnessed a japanese cop stick a pole threw he spokes of a moving bike and wipe the guy out, seen a cop intentionally sideswipe a bike and seen another one smash a bottle off a guys helmet and then start clubbing his ass when he dropped the bike and tried to run away. I am sure times have changed since I left in 2006, but there is no such thing as police brutality in japan. F with a cop and your gonna get f'd with back.
              But that was some good riding by the Harley cop though.
              Current Rides: '82 XJ w/Jardine 4-1's, GIVI flyscreen, '97 Triumph Trophy 1200
              Former Rides: '71 CB350, '78 400 Hawk, '75 CB550/4;
              while in Japan: '86 KLR250, '86 VT250Z, '86 XL600R, '82 CB450(Hawk II), '96 750 Nighthawk, '96 BMW F650

Comment

That is just wrong.... these are the morons that end up as statistics and makes it harder on the rest of us. Unlike some, I don't mind 'natural selection' and 'thinning the herd' ('if yer gonna be dumb, ya gotta be tough') but too often it results in more crap for the rest of us to deal with...
                Fast, Cheap, Reliable... Pick any two

'78E original owner - resto project
                '78E ???? owner - Modder project FJ forks, 4-piston calipers F/R, 160/80-16 rear tire
                '82 XJ rebuild project
                '80SG restified, red SOLD
                '79F parts...
                '81H more parts...

Other current bikes:
                '93 XL1200 Anniversary Sportster 85RWHP
                '86 XL883/1200 Chopper
                '82 XL1000 w/1450cc Buell, Baker 6-speed, in-progress project
                Cage: '13 Mustang GT/CS with a few 'custom' touches
                Yep, can't leave nuthin' alone...

Comment

Originally posted by barberad View Post
                  Nate, you are way off on this one. The Japanese bike cops actually had to get throttled down buy their superiors. These guys used to pull up along side bikes racing through traffic and do crazy sh_t like reach over and hit the kill switch on the other bike. Another trick was to jump on the back of the bike when the bozo's were parked and rip the guy off when he was trying to drive away. I lived in Japan for 17 years and I have seen them guys in action. When you get a group of 2-3 hundred teenagers on motorcycles swinging bats at cars, things can get a little crazy with the cops. I witnessed a japanese cop stick a pole threw he spokes of a moving bike and wipe the guy out, seen a cop intentionally sideswipe a bike and seen another one smash a bottle off a guys helmet and then start clubbing his ass when he dropped the bike and tried to run away. I am sure times have changed since I left in 2006, but there is no such thing as police brutality in japan. F with a cop and your gonna get f'd with back.
                  But that was some good riding by the Harley cop though.
                  I stand pleasantly corrected! If only it worked that way here!
                  Nathan
                  KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
                  K&N Filter
                  #45 pilot Jet, #137.5 Main Jet
                  OEM Exhaust
                  ATK Fork Brace
                  LED Dash lights
                  Ammeter, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, and Volt Meters

Green Monster Coils
                  SS Brake Lines
                  Vision 550 Auto Tensioner

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

It sure would be nice to be able to compare apples to apples. Those tall cones don't just mark the course they make it a lot narrower! The Japanese rider just had to stay inside the lines.

I am impressed by Donnie. Wow. Tossing that big dresser around like that. When you take something out there to the edge, sooner or later you find out just where that edge is!

Just a thought. Did he get that good by practicing on his own Harley dresser?
                    Wonder how many times it has been down?

Great video!!
                    RIP Whiskers (Shop Boss) 25+yrs

"It doesn't hurt until you find out no one is looking"

Everything on hold...

Comment

Working...
                    X