Jump Pack fix.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jump Pack fix.

Has nuthin to do with XS11's but I thought I would pass it on before it gave someone real grief. Most of us have "jump packs", those nifty little battery boxes that usually bails us out of digging out the old jumper cables and finding something to hook it up to. My 4 year old jump pack took a dump, but at least it was in the garage. No led charge rate readout, 0 voltage. This is a must have when I go boating (try hooking up jumper cables between two boat rocking back and forth) or on my off road adventures. It was a 600amp, Walmart unit so I figured I would take it apart and see if I could replace the battery. Mine had a nifty cover on the back held on by two screws. I found the battery terminals corroded beyond belief and two wires rotted thru. Quick check with the voltmeter showed the battery at 13.5 volts so it was good. A good cleaning and replacing two connectors and it was good as new. I am usually real good about keeping battery terminals clean on all of my rolling stock but never gave the jump pack a second thought, charge it, grab it and run. It has bailed me out a couple of times and countless fellow boaters and offroaders. Its now on my list for at least a annual check of the connections.
    When a 10 isn't enough, get a 11. 80g Hardbagger

thanks

Thanks - that's a nice reminder tip.

John
    John is in an anonymous city with an Alamo (N29.519227,W-98.678980)

Go ahead, click on the bikes - you know you want to...the electrons are ready.
    '81 XS1100H - "Enterprise"
    Bob Jones Custom Navy bike: Tkat brace, EBC floating rotors & SS lines, ROX pivot risers, Geezer rectifier, new 3H3 engine

"Not all treasure is silver and gold"

Comment

I am usually real good about keeping battery terminals clean on all of my rolling stock but never gave the jump pack a second thought, charge it, grab it and run. ///////Nice tip!......who would of thought........
      81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Working...
      X