In case you didn't notice.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In case you didn't notice.....

Well in case you didn't notice, my signature line has changed to reflect two recent developments:

1. I sold my 1980 XS11G (Cinder Block or just Cindy to me). Deb Berryere came down a few weeks ago bought her. I know the Deb and Rick will take good care of her......that only leaves me with about 4 or so bikes worth of parts but no running XS at the moment.

2. I just signed the paperwork for my new 2003 Aprilia RSV Mille Tuono. This bike has been mocking me all year, everytime I walked by, I had to stop and stare. End of year deal was too good to pass up. Nobody laugh , I now own a V-Twin.

I seems I have sold one gray bike and turned around and bought another....isn't that weird? There aren't that many gray bikes around.

Gary Granger
    Remember, we are the caretakers of mechanical art.
    2013 Suzuki DR650SE, 2009 Kawasaki Concours 1400, 2003 Aprilia RSV Mille Tuono

Nice Bike! How did you heal up after Georgia? and what are you going to be taken to West Virginia?
    Harley Dave

1978 XS1100E
    2003 YZF-R1

Laughing at our mistakes can lengthen our own life. Laughing at someone else's can shorten it.
    Cullen Hightower

Comment

I am healing fairly well, Thanks! Most of the pain is gone I just need to exercise the muscles to get back to normal. I am really surprised it took this long to feel normal. I missed 3.5 days of work…but I normally can do the whole year without any days off.

I want to bring the Tuono down but I have a feeling that it may be too loud and I will have to ride in the back. The Bandit is still mine so maybe I will bring that.
      Gary Granger

Comment

As we get older the normal doesn't seem quite the same.
        Tom
        2004 FJR1300abs 311,000 kilometers and counting
        gone,but not forgotten 1978 XS11E

Comment

Originally posted by Huron52
          As we get older the normal doesn't seem quite the same.
          I may use that as quote of the month! Thanks Tom!!
          Gary Granger

Comment

well....er ....hmmm.....I think so.... ya ya... sure go ahead!
            Tom
            2004 FJR1300abs 311,000 kilometers and counting
            gone,but not forgotten 1978 XS11E

Comment

Yep, nice looking bike! What is 'loud?' You mean louder than rainbowshooters' XS?
              Marty in NW PA
              Gone - 1978E - one of the first XS11 made
              Gone - 2007A FJR - the only year of Dark Red Metallic
              This IS my happy face.

Comment

Well it might be... , I got the Titainium 'shotgun exhaust' for it. Since the single race can is one fo the loudest cans for this bike, I got the dual 'shotgun' set-up, that is 'quieter' and gives a lower more mellow tone according to the guys on the aprilia forum. I think it will still be loud to me no matter what (I thought the stock can is loud!!)

Gary Granger

Comment

OK, I just re-read your post - you said V-twin. I was thinking V-4, like the Vmax. Yeah, a couple of high compression 500's only slightly muted could be a little loud. I remember Dena saying rainbowshooter's exhaust was setting off her radio.

Yeah, move to the back....
                  Marty in NW PA
                  This IS my happy face.

Comment

Well I did eventually get it quieted down! Hey does that mean I have to get another new bike for a test ride? Hey Marty think we can take three bikes next year?
                    Harley Dave

1978 XS1100E
                    2003 YZF-R1

Laughing at our mistakes can lengthen our own life. Laughing at someone else's can shorten it.
                    Cullen Hightower

Comment

You buy 'em, we'll drag 'em anywhere you want.
                      Marty in NW PA
                      This IS my happy face.

Comment

Harley Dave

1978 XS1100E
                        2003 YZF-R1

Cullen Hightower

Comment

Working...
                        X