• Show
Clear All

• Wonder what this one will bring

Not sure how I feel about this bike.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...S%3A1123#v4-38
    1995 KZ100P
    Pods, jets, pipes, cam adjuster, oil cooler

1977 Ironhead - custom build
    Hot engine, custom frame, KZ front and rear, high torque starter, alternator conversion, Progressive shocks, Thunderheart wiring, Dyna ignition, oil cooler, Dakota Digital instruments, etc.

Sold all my XS's to Eastcoaster but still love to keep up with you guys. This is the best cycle forum on the web.

I think this is the second time it has been on ebay.

Comment

I like the engine.......

-Jon-
      1981 XS1100LH MNS #103 ("Dark Side")
      Yamaha "Mini Cruiser" Windscreen, K & N filters, Iridium Plugs, ATK Fork Brace, LED T.S. Conversion, Bridgestone S11 Spitfires.
      Otherwise all original, definitely a Survivor.
      Previous:
      1981 XS850LH MNS (R.I.P. 1983), 1982 XJ650 SECA TURBO, 1983 XJ650 SECA TURBO
      Cage:
      2K2 TB

"Light travels faster than sound. That is why some people appear bright, until you hear them speak."

Comment

If you got rid of the mudguards, solo seat and turnout mufflers, replaced them with stock OEM equivalents, tweaked the paintwork a bit...you would have a classic superbike.

Comment

I don't know how I feel about this bike either.I think maybe it's because I feel nothing. Terry
          1980 special (Phyllis)
          1196 10.5 to 1 kit,megacycle cams,shaved head,dynojet carb kit,ported intake and exhaust,mac 4 into 1 exhaust,drilled rotors,ss brake lines,pods,mikes xs green coils,iridium plugs,led lights,throttle lock,progressive shocks,oil cooler,ajustable cam gears,HD valve springs,Vmax tensioner mod

Comment

Harley bits on a Yamaha...??? Not sure who should be more offended, the Hardley crowd or us.. Guess it'd be called a Yardley, or a Hamaha..

Wouldn't give him tuppence for it but 10 points for effort though, I kinda like the paint job and modding the front fender cant have been easy.
            1980 SG. (Sold - waiting on replacement)
            2000 XJR1300. The Real modern XS11. Others are just pretenders.

Woman (well, my wife anyway) are always on Transmit and never Receive.

"A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be" Albert Einstien.

Comment

I don't like where it says "custom" on the tank. Kinda dumb, seeing as how you can tell it's a custom.
              Richard
              '79 XS1100SF "Phantom Stranger" full fairing w/radio and cd player, H-D Roadking trunk, everything else stock
              '02 Honda VTX1800C

Comment

Well, somebody had a 'vision' (or maybe a hallucination) but I'd personally only give them a B for fab skills, a C- for styling, and a F for practicality...

There's three major things wrong with this bike; one, you'll have to remove the rear fender to get the rear wheel/tire off. Two, that hugely oversized front fender will probably hit the frame/exhaust/lower tree if you compress the front suspension much, a safety issue. Three, it's missing the right front caliper, a big safety issue given how the stock brakes are only 'adequate' if everything is there and working right.

The Harley guys wouldn't be offended, they'd only laugh and point...
                Fast, Cheap, Reliable... Pick any two

'78E original owner - resto project
                '78E ???? owner - Modder project FJ forks, 4-piston calipers F/R, 160/80-16 rear tire
                '82 XJ rebuild project
                '80SG restified, red SOLD
                '79F parts...
                '81H more parts...

Other current bikes:
                '93 XL1200 Anniversary Sportster 85RWHP
                '86 XL883/1200 Chopper
                '82 XL1000 w/1450cc Buell, Baker 6-speed, in-progress project
                Cage: '13 Mustang GT/CS with a few 'custom' touches
                Yep, can't leave nuthin' alone...

Comment

Originally posted by crazy steve View Post

There's three major things wrong with this bike; one, you'll have to remove the rear fender to get the rear wheel/tire off. Two, that hugely oversized front fender will probably hit the frame/exhaust/lower tree if you compress the front suspension much, a safety issue. Three, it's missing the right front caliper, a big safety issue given how the stock brakes are only 'adequate' if everything is there and working right.

The Harley guys wouldn't be offended, they'd only laugh and point...
                  Hi Steve,
                  beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
                  The fenders will certainly do their proper job of keeping the road crud off the bike & rider and you don't know if the complete rear cladding don't come off with 4 bolts like a Royal Enfield's to access the rear wheel, eh?
                  Or if the front fender hits without you take a test ride, neither.
                  Gotta admit, someone needs a bitch-slap for omitting that brake caliper and for leaving the signals off, too.
                  As for the Harley Guys, they'd most likely ask what year the motor company made an in-line 4 and where could they get one.
                  Fred Hill, S'toon
                  XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
                  "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

I don't knwo why nut it reminds me of a lady wearing a tube top and the bottom half of on evening gown. Like it started off up top as a bobber/rat type bike, but then the fenders came in like its a full dresser.

Not for me anyway, but someone loves it! Ain't that what beer is all about!
                    Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
                    80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
                    93 GSX600F
                    80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
                    81 XS1100 Special
                    81 CB750 C
                    80 CB750 C
                    78 XS750

Comment

Originally posted by fredintoon View Post
                      Gotta admit, someone needs a bitch-slap for omitting that brake caliper
                      +1 These things are scary enough during an emergency stop with ALL THREE calipers!
                      Richard
                      '79 XS1100SF "Phantom Stranger" full fairing w/radio and cd player, H-D Roadking trunk, everything else stock
                      '02 Honda VTX1800C

Comment

Originally posted by XSive Okie View Post
                        +1 These things are scary enough during an emergency stop with ALL THREE calipers!
                        Hi Okie,
                        or even with all 3 + the sidecar's ex-Honda Civic hydraulic drum brake.
                        Yet another reason to ride like a timid old fat man.
                        Fred Hill, S'toon
                        XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
                        "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

What does it say that the guy did extensive mods everywhere, but didn't get her running properly?
                          "Time is the greatest teacher; unfortunately, it kills all of its students."

Comment

Had no noticed that, but yes i says it needs tuned. Also note what he considers a low reserve, is more than most of these fetch in really nice stock condition!
                            Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
                            80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
                            93 GSX600F
                            80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
                            81 XS1100 Special
                            81 CB750 C
                            80 CB750 C
                            78 XS750

Comment

xeleven

sorof, looks like a red headed stepchild, for looks i think its odd looking, and the custom work just don't fit. but they are some one that would like to get their hands on it and think he's got a harley. probally bring more money if it was stock. i like the color tho. he's probally gettin rid of it because its time to change the rear tire.
                              79 xs 1100 spec & 80 xs 1100 g

Comment

Working...
                              X