Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my one and only love

hi guys ,
    i basically have similar stories. My first bike was a 75 yammy 500 twin. 8 valve renmember? Then a 77 650 yamaha. Id lovce another one of those to putter on. Im saving now to get a78 1100 E thats sitting inthis guys bike shop.20k.Project rescue i call it. ive driven harleys and triumphs and suzukes and always loved the 900 kawy. But my 79 F is my dearest. yEs I get the looks from the crotch rocketeers.what the hell is that ,they wonder.thats when I like to show off alittle and work my throttle and make her bark. distinctive yammy growl. the bike is mint and ive always thought they died out and I was alone out there. This site and all the information and the passion I have over my own unit , every one has been terrific.your all as obsessed as me.my wife is sure I love this bike more than her. I play that one down. I bought the bike new in 79 and thats all ive riden all these years.70k now.The first 5 years I owned it , it never ceased to amaze me and command some respect.Still does. A mechanic buddy calls them bullet proof. theyre reliable and simple some what.this bike has cost me more for oil and tires than any big maintence over the years.. Less tech less head aches. One can put their own mark on the bike. my high point was the day I brought the bike to the shop and my mechnaic said my bike looked so good it should be in the yamaha head office on display. He was ribbing me of course because im a fanatic polish /shine freak and mechanical perfectionist. i keep the bike as stock looking as I can.im basically a one bike lover. old fashion aint I.( there I got my boasting in) i love my baby and its nice to here you other guys talk about bikes, becuase I figure you guys have more experience with different bikes ,more than I ever did. some of the exsessives in the site are in a whole different league with their knowledge.I love you guys.Thanks for making me feel like I made the right choice. 24 years, unbelieveable.to my harley buddies. YES .a rice bike indeed.( does your sportster need a push?)
    steve

It's cool to see an original owner. I admired them back in the day but didn't get one until a few years ago. If I knew then how great they are, I would have bought one new!
    Robert
    79 SF

Comment

my xs

Its still my only bike I ride. I did have a suzuki cavalcade also but my wife and I wanted 2 4 wheelers to ride when the weather would not let you ride a bike. I had a choice(actully it wasn't much of a choice) trade the xs or the cade. The cade lost no question. I've been toying with the Idea of getting a Harley only because all my riding friends have one and I sorta feel like the odd one. But every time I go out and take one look at her, I can't. Its just too good of a bike to let go. So I just keep ridden it. No blowing clutches, no taken for ever to start, no oil leaks to fix, no bolts to replace, and I can afford to by tires unlike the harley owners around here any way... xs forever is right....

Comment

Working...
      X