Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trouble Accessing site AGAIN!

Hey Folks,

Just posting to let you all know that I'm having trouble accessing the site and ADMIN section directly again! I can access the regular site thru a Proxy, but can't use it for the ADMIN control panel, security issues there and the Proxy!

SO...I won't be able to REGISTER any new members until I regain Direct Access. Took over a week last time for the servers or such at/near the site to possibly update their DNS tables, or to take my IP address off of their blocked listing?? due to spam activity ?? from similar Ip addresses???

I can't even send a PM right now, so Crazy Steve, I can't send the 2nd part of the PM I was sending to you!

T.C.

PS, would like to hear from others now also having trouble accessing, and having to use a Proxy, please post a reply to this thread, if you would include your ISP and where you are, that would be nice.

The Last time, one of the Aussie members contacted me, telling me he was also having trouble!?

PSS: I CAN access the site using my WORK computer at work, so it must be some sort of IP block going on at the server?? I'll get the new member applications processed before I leave today, but won't be able to process any over the weekend.
    T. C. Gresham
    81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
    79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
    History shows again and again,
    How nature points out the folly of men!

Funny thing, I'm in Leipzig, Germany and I logged right in! I have trouble from home and various US locations. How do I look up my ISP? When last I was home, I was using a proxy. Windstream is my provider.
    Marty (in Mississippi)
    XS1100SG
    XS650SK
    XS650SH
    XS650G
    XS6502F
    XS650E

Comment

Click on this link.

http://www.ip-adress.com/ip_tracer/

It will tell you a bunch of info.

Like your IP address, Who your ISP is, and if your using a proxy.
      Four wheels move your body, two wheels move your soul.

ATGATT, It could save your life!

1980 XS 1100SG
      Dyna 3 Ohm Hi Output Coils
      Pod Filters
      DynoJet Kit
      T.C.'s Fuse Block
      Slip Streamer Turbo Windshield
      Custom Tank and Side Cover Decals
      V-Max Auto CCT

Comment

Originally posted by TopCatGr58 View Post
        Hey Folks,

Just posting to let you all know that I'm having trouble accessing the site and ADMIN section directly again! I can access the regular site thru a Proxy, but can't use it for the ADMIN control panel, security issues there and the Proxy!

SO...I won't be able to REGISTER any new members until I regain Direct Access. Took over a week last time for the servers or such at/near the site to possibly update their DNS tables, or to take my IP address off of their blocked listing?? due to spam activity ?? from similar Ip addresses???

I can't even send a PM right now, so Crazy Steve, I can't send the 2nd part of the PM I was sending to you!

T.C.

PS, would like to hear from others now also having trouble accessing, and having to use a Proxy, please post a reply to this thread, if you would include your ISP and where you are, that would be nice.

The Last time, one of the Aussie members contacted me, telling me he was also having trouble!?

PSS: I CAN access the site using my WORK computer at work, so it must be some sort of IP block going on at the server?? I'll get the new member applications processed before I leave today, but won't be able to process any over the weekend.
        Hey TC, if you want, I can set you up with a VPN account through my work that would give you an alternate route that may work. I use it when my home network won't work but my work one will. If you email me or PM me I'd be glad to set it up and all, I'll pm you as well.
        Cy

1980 XS1100G (Brutus) w/81H Engine
        Duplicolor Mirage Paint Job (Purple/Green)
        Vetter Windjammer IV
        Vetter hard bags & Trunk
        OEM Luggage Rack
        Jardine Spaghetti 4-2 exhaust system
        Spade Fuse Box
        Turn Signal Auto Cancel Mod
        750 FD Mod
        TC Spin on Oil Filter Adapter (temp removed)
        XJ1100 Front Footpegs
        XJ1100 Shocks

I was always taught to respect my elders, but it keeps getting harder to find one.

Comment

hi tc
          i was having troubles accessing the site for a few weeks,
          but a cpl of days after i contacted u it was sweet
          and havent had a problem since.
          pete

new owner of
          08 gen2 hayabusa

former owner
          1981 xs1100 RH (aus) (5N5)
          zrx carbs
          18mm float height
          145 main jets
          38 pilots
          slide needle shimmed .5mm washer
          fitted with v/stax and uni pod filters

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pA8dwxmAVA&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL[/url]

Comment

Mine finally works now! Who knows what was wrong but I even bought a new wieless router to try to fix it before it came back.
            2-79 XS1100 SF
            2-78 XS1100 E Best bike Ever
            80 XS 1100 SG Big bore kit but not fully running yet.
            Couple of more parts bikes of which 2 more will live!

Comment

What I can tell you is that it has to do with the IP address you are accessing the site from. If you can find a way to get a VPN connection to connect through to get to the site with, that should fix the problem, and a VPN connection will actually work better than a proxy site, since your still connected normally as far as the browser goes, it's just that your IP address is changed and masked.
              Cy

Vetter Windjammer IV
              Vetter hard bags & Trunk
              OEM Luggage Rack
              Spade Fuse Box
              750 FD Mod
              XJ1100 Front Footpegs
              XJ1100 Shocks

I was always taught to respect my elders, but it keeps getting harder to find one.

Comment

Now that I've given TC a VPN link to use my work internet to connect to the site, it's apparently decided that my work IP is no longer welcome to connect (it's getting a reset on connect when connecting rather than the usual DNS error when there is a problem) so I'm guessing there is some sort of intrusion detetion system or something similar going on at the hosting site that may be doing this. I'm going to look into trying one of the free VPN solutions and I'll post if it works, as I'm using a link into my remote server farm to get on right now as it's on a different IP segment than the work network.
                Cy

Vetter Windjammer IV
                Vetter hard bags & Trunk
                OEM Luggage Rack
                Spade Fuse Box
                750 FD Mod
                XJ1100 Front Footpegs
                XJ1100 Shocks

Comment

Ok, found one that seems so far to work well. At least at this point it's working fine. It's called "Hotspot Shield" and is both free and is supposed to be unlimited bandwidth. It's add supported unless you get the pro version which means it does change your home page and there are ads on the home page, but I've not seen any popups from it as of yet, and an advantage is that it secures you for public hotspot and hotel internet usage as well which is something I've always used my work VPN for, but with this I may not need to do so. I'll report on how this continues to work. You can download the client from http://anchorfree.com/ and it takes only a few minutes to download and install and at least with windows 7 didn't require a reboot either.
                  Cy

Vetter Windjammer IV
                  Vetter hard bags & Trunk
                  OEM Luggage Rack
                  Spade Fuse Box
                  750 FD Mod
                  XJ1100 Front Footpegs
                  XJ1100 Shocks

Comment

Had direct access for a little while tonight!

Hey Cy,

I tried and had DIRECT access to the site and Admin CP, was able to get the 5-6 new pending members registered just fine! Then came to the regular site, reading Pm's, then sending/replying. Sent one to Ozz, then tried to send a second one to Crazy Steve, and got the following error? I've sent PM's to Steve before without a problem. Thinking it was too long a Pm, I truncated it, no go. Thinking it was something with the formatting having copied it from an email, I pasted into Notepad to strip formatting, recopied, pasted into PM, same error?

I can't imagine how sending a PM could cause the site to trigger an intrusion error??

I'm sorry if my accessing your VPN messed up your access to the site??
                    Still waiting to hear back from Wes regarding the trouble call and what they find out?

I'm sending this/accessing thru a PROXY site now, before I couldn't access with the Proxy either!?
                    T.C.

Internal Server Error
                    The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@xs11.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/2.2.15 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.15 OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at www.xs11.com Port 80
                    T. C. Gresham

Comment

Update

Hey Cy,

I just tried the VPN access, and it's working so far! It's late here where I am, so I can't stay up and test it for any time. I'll try again tomorrow, and then see if sending a PM get's me the same error.

I sent Wes the above error info, he will send it along to the HOST site for further analysis??

T.C.
                      T. C. Gresham

Comment

Yeah it started working a little later. That error you got is what I have seen almost every time right before I can't get in anymore. Don't know why. Did you see the post about the free vpn I posted? It works, and doesn't do the stuff like a proxy does. It's a little slower than normal access, and it does act just slightly flaky with the back button (have to hit it multiple times) but other than that everything works just fine with it, and did I mention it's free?
                        Cy

Vetter Windjammer IV
                        Vetter hard bags & Trunk
                        OEM Luggage Rack
                        Spade Fuse Box
                        750 FD Mod
                        XJ1100 Front Footpegs
                        XJ1100 Shocks

Comment

Hey Cy,

I thought I sent you an EMAIL a day or so ago thanking you for the creation of the VPN on your system, and being able to use it for a little while.

I just tried it tonight, and it won't even display the msn.com home page, or google, any web page!? I'm accessing the site tonight with a PROXY again. Wes is doing more research on the site, reviewing the error log files for the backend, thinks he's found something regarding the error I spoke about when trying to send PM's, etc.!

I also saw the post in this thread about the "Free VPN" service, haven't checked it out yet, will do soon.

T.C.
                          T. C. Gresham

Comment

Update!

Hey again Cy,

I just downloaded and installed the AnchorFree VPN, and it's working great, was able to access the ADMIN section and perform all duties, no problem!

Still wanting /hoping for Wes to be able to find out what's getting me kicked off and being able to fix it so I won't have to use the VPN!

Thanks!
                            T.C.
                            T. C. Gresham

Comment

Hopefully Final Update on this matter!

Hey Folks,

Well, Wes(JWSanders) our IT guy was able to send the Host enough info for them to investigate the situation and they found out what was happening, and have hopefully fixed it...see the reply below! This "may" explain some of the randomness of the lost accesses of members to the site??

Would be nice to hear if others remember if they tried to send very long PM's and received a SERVER ERROR message, and then noticed their LOST access to the site occured shortly thereafter???

Well, after re-reading their reply, it looks like the BLOCKING might still occur to folks because they will not be using MODERATOR status/access, and so if they forget their log in password and try too many times, that the site might still block them for a while??

So...anyways, I'm baaaaaack!

T.C.

Hi Wes,

Thank you for your message on this matter. We do employ firewall technology on our servers that do block IP addresses if they violate security features of our server, ie: numerous password failures or executing something in a piece of software in an insecure manner).

I checked for that IP address you listed and it looks like the firewall did indeed lock him out due to violating some of our mod security rules. It looks as though something he was executing in within the forum software caused the server to believe we was trying to do an SQL Injection. I believe this may have been a false positive as it would appear that he was simply trying to send private messages. I have whitelisted that rule in our Mod_Security for your domain so he shouldn't get blocked any further on the system

If you do notice any further troubles, don't hesitate to let us know.

Thanks,
                              Mark M.
                              Senior Technical Support Representative, WebHSP
                              http://www.webhsp.com
                              T. C. Gresham

Comment

Working...
                              X