Allow myself to introduce myself

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Allow myself to introduce myself

Hello everyone. I recently re-joined the ranks of XS1100 owners. This is my third special (not all at the same time). I love these old bikes and have decided that I'll always have one in the garage, no matter what else lurks there. This latest one is a real work in progress. It's not road worthy yet, but I'm working on that. Each thing I get into, I find 10 other issues to deal with, but I'll get it going. In the mean time I ride a 2008 FJR1300AE. I'll see you on the forums, and hopefully on the road.
    2016 Yamaha FJR1300A
    2007 Kawasaki KLR650A
    1979 Yamaha XS1100SF
    1971 Kawasaki F6 125

Welcome to the fold. Plenty of friends and friendly advice when you need either around here.
    RIP Whiskers (Shop Boss) 25+yrs

"It doesn't hurt until you find out no one is looking"

Everything on hold...

Comment

Welcome back, you truly are a sick man then, you knew the disease and still dove back in!!
      Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
      80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
      93 GSX600F
      80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
      81 XS1100 Special
      81 CB750 C
      80 CB750 C
      78 XS750

Comment

Welcome, or welcome back. There's just something about an xs11 that will do that to you. I tried to get away on a Kawasaki eliminator 900. It was a very nice, fast bike that I thought I wanted. I sold it after 2 seasons...it didn't even have any problems. I just wanted the bigger, slower, heavy old xs more.
        79 XS11 Special (Lazarus)
        80 XS850 Special (Old Faithful)
        80 XS11 Standard sorta stock (Beatrice)
        79 DT 100

Comment

Dude! yer not getting a Dell...yer back on the right track and doing the right things to an actual XS11. How cool can that get?
          2-79 XS1100 SF
          2-78 XS1100 E Best bike Ever
          80 XS 1100 SG Big bore kit but not fully running yet.
          Couple of more parts bikes of which 2 more will live!

Comment

And yer choice of bikes

Makes you...
            SPECIAL!!!
            Special Ed
            Old bikers never die, they're just out of sight!

My recently re-built, hopped up '79 Special caught fire and burned everything from the top of the engine up: gas tank, wiring, seat, & melted my windshield all over the front of the bike. Just bought a 1980 Special that has been non oped for 9 years. My Skoot will rise from the ashes and be re named "The Phoenix!"
            I've been riding since 1959.

Comment

I am making progress on the XS. Sorted out the electrical gremlins, cleaned every connector, new fuse panel, and many other electrical components. Sent the carbs off to Rick at oldskoolcarbs, installed new carb boots. The tank and side covers are at the painters. Ordered a new set of Shinko 712s front and rear. The seat was missing the emblem on the back, so ordered one from badge replicas in Australia.

I spent a lot of time cleaning it up. Even though it only has 7K miles on it, I think it spent most of it's life sitting in a field somewhere. I mean the thing was nasty dirty. It's looking much better now. While cleaning I noticed both rear shock seals had given up the ghost, so I ordered a new set from Parts and More. Lots left to do, fork seals brakes etc.

That's my FJR1300AE in the background.

2016 Yamaha FJR1300A
              2007 Kawasaki KLR650A
              1979 Yamaha XS1100SF
              1971 Kawasaki F6 125

Comment

Working...
              X