'83 XZ550 (Vision) only $800!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '83 XZ550 (Vision) only $800!

for sale is a 1983 xz550 yamaha vision.I believe it is a special edition.Only little over 4,000 miles.all original.It does not run,it has a fresh battery and plugs,it fires,then dies out and gas comes out of the overflows,so the floats are stuck,minor project,have title and owners manual,great shape.$800

http://syracuse.craigslist.org/mcy/2467482479.html

Wish I had some coin laying around!
    '79 XS11 F
    Stock except K&N

'79 XS11 SF
    Stock, no title.

'84 Chevy K-10 "Big Blue"
    GM 350, Muncie SM465, NP208, GM 10 Bolt with 3.42gears turnin 31x10.5 Baja Claws

"What they do have is an implacable, unrelenting presence and movement that bespeaks massive power lurking behind paint and chrome. They don't wail like a screeching ninja, the don't rumble like a harley. They just growl like a spactic, stressed out badger waiting to rip your face off and eat your soul." Trainzz~RIP~

Dont know much about them but I think everyone hated that bike and said it was a POS back in the day.
    Nathan
    KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
    K&N Filter
    #45 pilot Jet, #137.5 Main Jet
    OEM Exhaust
    ATK Fork Brace
    LED Dash lights
    Ammeter, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, and Volt Meters

Green Monster Coils
    SS Brake Lines
    Vision 550 Auto Tensioner

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

Really? I thought I heard they wernt that bad, I thought I read the vtwin was a good performer... Oh well, I would like to own one of every bike.
      '79 XS11 F
      Stock except K&N

'79 XS11 SF
      Stock, no title.

'84 Chevy K-10 "Big Blue"
      GM 350, Muncie SM465, NP208, GM 10 Bolt with 3.42gears turnin 31x10.5 Baja Claws

"What they do have is an implacable, unrelenting presence and movement that bespeaks massive power lurking behind paint and chrome. They don't wail like a screeching ninja, the don't rumble like a harley. They just growl like a spactic, stressed out badger waiting to rip your face off and eat your soul." Trainzz~RIP~

Comment

I personally have no clue about the bike, that is just what I have heard from a couple people.
        Nathan
        KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
        K&N Filter
        #45 pilot Jet, #137.5 Main Jet
        OEM Exhaust
        ATK Fork Brace
        LED Dash lights
        Ammeter, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, and Volt Meters

Green Monster Coils
        SS Brake Lines
        Vision 550 Auto Tensioner

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

A friend had one. Bought new. He hung some kind of an ugly fairing on it and put over 50,000 miles in the 2 years he had it. No problems at all.
          78E ... Gone but not forgotten
          2006 Kawasaki Concours....just getting to know it

Comment

Interesting read on these bikes here...
            http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yamaha_XZ_550
            1982 XJ1100 MadMax-im
            2001 Honda ST1100

Comment

The Vision handled great, has plenty of power for the size. The problem was the charging system. I put about 20K on one, and was happy with it!
              Ray Matteis
              KE6NHG
              XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
              XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

Working...
              X