bad pic xs11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bad pic xs11

If you keyword search cyclegear.com and come up empty (cupholder) the following pic comes up:

http://www.cyclegear.com/dept.cfm_fi...arch_error.jpg

does this look like an upside down crashed xs11 or what?

john
    John is in an anonymous city with an Alamo (N29.519227,W-98.678980)

Go ahead, click on the bikes - you know you want to...the electrons are ready.
    '81 XS1100H - "Enterprise"
    Bob Jones Custom Navy bike: Tkat brace, EBC floating rotors & SS lines, ROX pivot risers, Geezer rectifier, new 3H3 engine

"Not all treasure is silver and gold"

Not to me... the spokes in the front wheel arent correct and the engine cover profile if off...too rounded. Also, it has drilled rotors... Must be one of the more inferrior brands.
    '79 XS11 F
    Stock except K&N

'79 XS11 SF
    Stock, no title.

'84 Chevy K-10 "Big Blue"
    GM 350, Muncie SM465, NP208, GM 10 Bolt with 3.42gears turnin 31x10.5 Baja Claws

"What they do have is an implacable, unrelenting presence and movement that bespeaks massive power lurking behind paint and chrome. They don't wail like a screeching ninja, the don't rumble like a harley. They just growl like a spactic, stressed out badger waiting to rip your face off and eat your soul." Trainzz~RIP~

Comment

looks like an old kawi to me...
      Daily Driver - '04 Suzuki Marauder 1600
      Project Bike - '79 XS1100 Special

Hi my name is Nate and I'm am Addict...I quit riding every night before bed and can't help but start riding again the next morning...

Ride Till You Die!

"MESS WITH THE BEST DIE LIKE THE REST" -Semper Fidelis!

“Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.”

"When in doubt, Gas it!. If it doesnt fix the problem, at least it will end the suspense!"

Comment

agree

kawi looks like possibility but looks like drilled rotors were angled - kawi didnt seem to have that till '86...too late for square headlight look, but spokes seem right...

i feel better.

john

Bob Jones Custom Navy bike: Tkat brace, EBC floating rotors & SS lines, ROX pivot risers, Geezer rectifier, new 3H3 engine

Comment

Originally posted by jwhughes3 View Post
          kawi looks like possibility but looks like drilled rotors were angled - kawi didnt seem to have that till '86...too late for square headlight look, but spokes seem right...

i feel better.

john
          I think your right...i wasn't looking at that...i was looking at the rims...but then thinking about the square headlight and slotted drilled rotors, I HAS TO BE A SUZUKI GS1100!...BAM! I am sure of this...now i just need to find a picture to prove it...

Hi my name is Nate and I'm am Addict...I quit riding every night before bed and can't help but start riding again the next morning...

Ride Till You Die!

“Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.”

"When in doubt, Gas it!. If it doesnt fix the problem, at least it will end the suspense!"

Comment

A couple pics to prove my case...

first one with fairing...

Then one with out that you can see a little better detail on...

And if you look closely at the picture of the dumped bike you can see the front fender looks identical to the second picture as well...the squareness on the front as well as the gold pin striping...

Elementary My Dear Watson, Elementary...:P

This is actually a bike i would really like to get my hands on as well...

Ride Till You Die!

Comment

im sold

i checked 81 pics of kawasakis and found straight rows of drilled holes not angled like that - suzuki - totally it.

john

Comment

Originally posted by jwhughes3 View Post
                i checked 81 pics of kawasakis and found straight rows of drilled holes not angled like that - suzuki - totally it.

john
                i was originally thinking a kawi 550 cause of the wheels...then i thought of similar bikes after u pointed out the rotors and remembered suzi and kawi generally have very similar bikes...that's when i thought of the GS...a really nice machine...

Ride Till You Die!

Comment

Look at how the front wheel mounts to the forks...Not the same as that Suzuki. Upside down bike has bottom mount wheel. Drilled rotors is not the best determinng factor as many of the XSsives have drilled their rotors to look just like that.

The front wheel certainly seems to be a close match the Zuk, but on the Zuk the wheel braces are criss crossed lines, but appear to be one line. On the upside down bike those angles do not match, not a straight diagonal line, and they do not seem to overlap in the middle like that.

I have no idea what it is, but it does not apear to be either an XS11 or the Zuk.
                  Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
                  80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
                  93 GSX600F
                  80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
                  81 XS1100 Special
                  81 CB750 C
                  80 CB750 C
                  78 XS750

Comment

I agree its not the zuk or the xs.
                    Nathan
                    KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
                    K&N Filter
                    #45 pilot Jet, #137.5 Main Jet
                    OEM Exhaust
                    ATK Fork Brace
                    LED Dash lights
                    Ammeter, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, and Volt Meters

Green Monster Coils
                    SS Brake Lines
                    Vision 550 Auto Tensioner

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

just when we thought the mystery solved!

oh well its fun anyways...

John

Comment

It could be a different zuk but it is not the one g15 pictured.
                        Nathan
                        KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
                        K&N Filter
                        OEM Exhaust
                        ATK Fork Brace
                        LED Dash lights

Green Monster Coils
                        SS Brake Lines

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

Gs 1100 gk 1982

Take a look at--

http://www.suzukicycles.org/GS-series/GS1100G.shtml

Not the best pic but it looks pretty close.
                          RIP Whiskers (Shop Boss) 25+yrs

"It doesn't hurt until you find out no one is looking"

Everything on hold...

Comment

Originally posted by latexeses View Post
                            Take a look at--

http://www.suzukicycles.org/GS-series/GS1100G.shtml

Not the best pic but it looks pretty close.
                            That might be it, the spokes on the rims match up with some of the 82's but not the 81's pictured
                            Nathan
                            KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
                            K&N Filter
                            OEM Exhaust
                            ATK Fork Brace
                            LED Dash lights

Green Monster Coils
                            SS Brake Lines

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by DGXSER View Post
                              Look at how the front wheel mounts to the forks...Not the same as that Suzuki. Upside down bike has bottom mount wheel. Drilled rotors is not the best determinng factor as many of the XSsives have drilled their rotors to look just like that.

I have no idea what it is, but it does not apear to be either an XS11 or the Zuk.
                              I agree, u are right that it is not an '81 on the side that the mounts are not correct for the tires...However it is a Suzuki and contrary to your drilled rotors idea, those are not drilled rotors, if you look at them, they are not really "holes" like they were drilled, they are more oval slats...three of them about one inch long...so the rotors are important...Def, a Suzi...

Originally posted by natemoen View Post
                              It could be a different zuk but it is not the one g15 pictured.
                              Correctomundo, it is a suzi, and it is not the one i pictured...

Originally posted by natemoen View Post
                              That might be it, the spokes on the rims match up with some of the 82's but not the 81's pictured
                              Again Correctomundo...latexeses has it right...I def. stand corrected it is the GS1100 GK the GS1100 G had the round light on it...that is what threw me off...i paid more attention to the light and didn't look at the front axle mount...the GS1100 GK has the square light as well as the mounts, the rim is correct, and the rotors match...check it out heres a CORRECT PIC...

As always Natemoen Thanx for the Humbling...I am still too young to have ever seen one brand new so you must forgive me...

latexeses you win the prize! idk what that is, but u get it!... :P

Ride Till You Die!

Comment

Working...
                              X