Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No postal service in canada

Posted June 15th, 2011 at 2:24 PMFiled in: General Announcements
    Canada Post Suspends OperationsAn ongoing labor dispute between Canada Post and the Canadian Union of Postal Workers has escalated to a full lockout. Canada Post has announced that, effective today, mail will not be accepted or delivered across Canada until further notice.

The lockout impacts all shipments to and from Canada handled by Canada Post, as well as shipments into Canada via postal carriers such as USPS or Royal Mail.

Sellers from both sides of the border who have not yet shipped items that have been paid for are encouraged to work with their buyers to discuss potential alternate shipping options. Sellers who can offer courier services, such as UPS or FedEx, are encouraged to modify their listings to offer these options. We’re adding messaging in purchase flows to alert buyers to the situation, and we’ve also included a message in the feedback process to remind buyers that shipping delays due to labor disputes are not within a seller’s control.

We will work closely with the Seller Standards team to protect sellers from lower performance ratings received due to Canada Post disruption-related issues.

This is an unfortunate and frustrating situation. While we hope for a quick resolution to the conflict, we will do everything in our power to support sellers during this time.

Update posted on June 16th:

Sellers, as always, only transactions with U.S. buyers count towards your seller standards, including eligibility for Top-rated seller and PowerSeller status on eBay.com.

Could resort to the ole' PonyExpress.......the more things change, the more they seem to stay the same.........hmmmm.
    81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

More indications

Of what happens when public employees get barganing powers. I belive that public employees like police, firemen, postal employees, city employees etc should not have the right to strike. They are what causes the budget problems in all the government areas like cities, counties and federal.
      You can't stay young forever, but you can be immature for the rest of your life...

'78E "Pathfinder" Show bike...
      Lovingly restored by Dave Delzell
      Drilled airbox
      Tkat fork brace
      Hardly mufflers
      late model carbs
      Newer style fuses
      Oil pressure guage
      Custom security system
      Stainless braid brake lines

Comment

Law enforcement and firefighters are not allowed to strike here in the us.
        Nathan
        KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
        K&N Filter
        #45 pilot Jet, #137.5 Main Jet
        OEM Exhaust
        ATK Fork Brace
        LED Dash lights
        Ammeter, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, and Volt Meters

Green Monster Coils
        SS Brake Lines
        Vision 550 Auto Tensioner

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

Here I Alberta, I'm not sure how it works, but in British Columbia, The ambulance workers drive around, and do they're day to day work with a Big black Sticker with white letters reading "ON STRIKE" stuck to the side... looks kind of rediculous, and seems kinda useless.

A co-workers wife works for Canada post, and he was saying a few months ago how it is kind of disgusting how much they make... alot for what they do.... but now they are striking?!? The only ones who support them are the nurses union too, another way overly paid group...IMHO
          There are only two types of bikers...
          those that have layed it down, and
          those that have not layed it down...YET!

1982 XJ1100J Maxim (F-Bomb)
          Not going to lie, Brand new at this... thanks for having a bit of patience with dumb questions

Comment

nursing overpaid?

I don't think there is anyplace in the world nurses are overpaid...ok I am biased but I know what they do and what they are responsible for...our med system would be a whole lot better off with more equality between doctor pay and nurses pay. (bring doctor pay down and nurses up a bit). of course its hard to bring their pay down when they can be sued for a hangnail - whole system is messed up.

john
            John is in an anonymous city with an Alamo (N29.519227,W-98.678980)

Go ahead, click on the bikes - you know you want to...the electrons are ready.
            '81 XS1100H - "Enterprise"
            Bob Jones Custom Navy bike: Tkat brace, EBC floating rotors & SS lines, ROX pivot risers, Geezer rectifier, new 3H3 engine

"Not all treasure is silver and gold"

Comment

Well John, having had a 17 day long exposure to the nursing field. I can tell you that there are some who earn every penny, and there are more than a few who do not even come close. When they come to your room when you hit the nurse call with the look and the words that say "what do you want, I'm busy doing stuff". I think they forget why they are there and who they are working for.

As to Doctors, well, yeah they are overpaid too. But I am sure some folks think I am as well.
              Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
              80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
              93 GSX600F
              80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
              81 XS1100 Special
              81 CB750 C
              80 CB750 C
              78 XS750

Comment

Originally posted by planedick View Post
                Of what happens when public employees get bargaining powers. I believe that public employees like police, firemen, postal employees, city employees etc should not have the right to strike. They are what causes the budget problems in all the government areas like cities, counties and federal.
                Hi Dick,
                it's only the power of the unions balancing the might of the bosses that stops the slave-master giving you ten lashes for mouthing off.
                A better case for for budget problems can be made against various levels of government over-spending on frivolous projects.
                Fred Hill, S'toon
                XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
                "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

Originally posted by DGXSER View Post
                  - - - When they come to your room when you hit the nurse call with the look and the words that say "what do you want, I'm busy doing stuff" - - - .
                  Hi Don,
                  what that look really says is "I'm at the end of a 14 hour shift because some witless bean-counter has cut back on staff"
                  Fred Hill, S'toon
                  XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
                  "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

Originally posted by fredintoon View Post
                    Hi Don,
                    what that look really says is "I'm at the end of a 14 hour shift because some witless bean-counter has cut back on staff"
                    Hey Fred,

After 7 days in the same hospital and five with the same nurses, I can tell you that they were on 8 hour shifts, and the same look was there at the beginning of the shift as was at the end of the shift, and the same attitude to.
                    Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
                    80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
                    93 GSX600F
                    80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
                    81 XS1100 Special
                    81 CB750 C
                    80 CB750 C
                    78 XS750

Comment

And by the way strike is over

Comment