zuki GS 1000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• zuki GS 1000

The neighbor brought home a 79 GS1000 and I was wondering if anyone knew of a forum like we have..? Its not that bad of a bike, only has 14k on the clock but has been sitting a while (surprise). I talked him into doing the pine sol dunk for the carbs and it helped tons but I think they need to go into an ultasonic cleaner we put some gas to them after he "cleaned" them but gas was pouring out both ends. Looks like they want to do the triple clean method rather than doing it right the first time. Does George Fix on ebay have rebuild kits for zukies too? Thanks in advance.
    '79 XS11 F
    Stock except K&N

'79 XS11 SF
    Stock, no title.

'84 Chevy K-10 "Big Blue"
    GM 350, Muncie SM465, NP208, GM 10 Bolt with 3.42gears turnin 31x10.5 Baja Claws

"What they do have is an implacable, unrelenting presence and movement that bespeaks massive power lurking behind paint and chrome. They don't wail like a screeching ninja, the don't rumble like a harley. They just growl like a spactic, stressed out badger waiting to rip your face off and eat your soul." Trainzz~RIP~

Georgefix DOES have parts for most "older" jap bikes. A "google" search should turn up a forum for the Suzuki. Should be a good bike, but still not quite as fast as the XS1100.
    Ray Matteis
    KE6NHG
    XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
    XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

A friend of mine belongs to this GS forum. Hope it helps you.

http://www.thegsresources.com
      Four wheels move your body, two wheels move your soul.

ATGATT, It could save your life!

1980 XS 1100SG
      Dyna 3 Ohm Hi Output Coils
      Pod Filters
      DynoJet Kit
      T.C.'s Fuse Block
      Slip Streamer Turbo Windshield
      Custom Tank and Side Cover Decals
      V-Max Auto CCT

Comment

I just finished some work on a 79GS1000 for a friend. Going to take her out for a test spin in a hour or so and see how it goes. The link that MrOzz put up is the best forum I found for knowledge etc.
        2-79 XS1100 SF
        2-78 XS1100 E Best bike Ever
        80 XS 1100 SG Big bore kit but not fully running yet.
        Couple of more parts bikes of which 2 more will live!

Comment

Originally posted by Rasputin View Post
          I just finished some work on a 79GS1000 for a friend. Going to take her out for a test spin in a hour or so and see how it goes. The link that MrOzz put up is the best forum I found for knowledge etc.
          Cool, that does look like a good site. I think the neighbor has smoothbore carbs, gotta figure out what size they are now and get them clean. He picked the bike up for $200 so I told him if he bails on the project I'll take it.
          '79 XS11 F
          Stock except K&N

'79 XS11 SF
          Stock, no title.

'84 Chevy K-10 "Big Blue"
          GM 350, Muncie SM465, NP208, GM 10 Bolt with 3.42gears turnin 31x10.5 Baja Claws

"What they do have is an implacable, unrelenting presence and movement that bespeaks massive power lurking behind paint and chrome. They don't wail like a screeching ninja, the don't rumble like a harley. They just growl like a spactic, stressed out badger waiting to rip your face off and eat your soul." Trainzz~RIP~

Comment

Originally posted by WMarshy View Post
            Cool, that does look like a good site. I think the neighbor has smoothbore carbs, gotta figure out what size they are now and get them clean. He picked the bike up for $200 so I told him if he bails on the project I'll take it.
            Smart move compadre...now to hope bails on it...lol
            Daily Driver - '04 Suzuki Marauder 1600
            Project Bike - '79 XS1100 Special

Hi my name is Nate and I'm am Addict...I quit riding every night before bed and can't help but start riding again the next morning...

Ride Till You Die!

"MESS WITH THE BEST DIE LIKE THE REST" -Semper Fidelis!

“Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.”

"When in doubt, Gas it!. If it doesnt fix the problem, at least it will end the suspense!"

Comment

Working...
            X