Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All For 1 ?

Hey Everybody,

Been hearing alot of discusion about the "PERFECT" motorcycle lately...after you read this story...I will reveal which motorcycle is the "perfect" one...and the answer may suprise you!

It all begins with a Big and powerful Nation.
    This Nation has been subjugated...and part of it's Land is Colonized by another Big and powerful Nation.
    Feeling as though they are getting a raw deal...they revolt and throw out their oppressors...and in the process they loose the ability to manufacture many things.
    The motorcycle is one of them...being the sort of Nation where the motorcycle has proven useful, they decide to manufacture their own motorcycle...but WHICH motorcycle?

A committee is formed to study this "problem"
    They decide that since they do not have the R&D capability to "invent" or "create" one...they will "copy" one of the most "popular" bikes of the day.
    So they appropriate one from another Nation...and send parts out all accross the Nation to be "copied".
    That way the process could be "protected" and no one person or factory would "know to much"
    How was the decision made as to which motorcycle to build?
    That was simple...the Committee decided that a mid sized, not to heavy bike that did not require alot of maintenance... one that could run in all weather...and was easy to work on was the ONLY choice.
    So if you wanted a motorcycle...that one was the ONE you got.
    If you go and do the History of the DONG-HA (Motorcycle) you will learn that a 1964 BSA was purchased in Tiawan and taken into Mainland China...and MASS produced as the DONG-HA.
    From ALL accounts every part from a DONG-Ha will bolt right on to a BSA!! and by some accounts the "Chinese" parts are better!
    The "starburst" tank badge is even the same!! (x-cept it says DONG-HA)
    Need a Part?...not to worry...they're ALL the SAME...don't like the ride?...don't worry no one else does either...no power?...don't worry no one has any more...don't like the color?...to bad it's the only one (for ALL years).
    Get the Picture?

Now for the answer to our question...which motorcycle is "THE PERFECT ONE"?..that's simple...it's the one YOU get to own & ride
    To me when I'm out on the open road, and enjoying life...the LAST thing I do is look down and say "if this were a(pick one) I would be having alot more fun"
    Now I'll grant you there's a world of difference in a Honda Rebel 250 and a Yamaha FZR 1200...but the same world exists from a FZR 1200 to a Laverda Yota...or a Beemer...or a Ducati...
    But you can't take away the fun & enjoyment that can be had with them ALL
    Cruising along...soaking up the rays...seeing the sights...Heck I don't even care if it's a DONG-HA...as long as it's MY DONG-HA

But since I'm FREE, and over 18yrs old...and I can afford ANY motorcycle that I want...NO committee is going to pick for me.
    So I'll keep the three XS 1100's that I already have...and if I want another kind...I'll just pretend that the XS that I'm on is a KAWASUZU-HA 900...or a TRIUNORTSA 750...or maybe my old Zundapp 70...
    My vote for the "PERFECT BIKE" remains "the one I get to own & ride"
    And I don't need a RE-Count

I keep these words in my mind just for this sort of thing...

"carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero." (L)

"enjoy the present moment, trusting the least possible to the future"
    MO-N-STEVE
    '79 SF "MO's Missile"
    '79 SF "That Old Black Magic"
    '79 SF "the Tomato Can"
    '80 SG "The BEAST"
    '80 XS850-SG "STILETTO"
    '81 SH "The NEW KID"
    '76 CB 750 K5 "The Orphan"

All my bikes are perfect when I ride them......is DONG-Ha chinese for Harley Davidson or something? Those all look the same to me.
    Gary Granger
    Remember, we are the caretakers of mechanical art.
    2013 Suzuki DR650SE, 2009 Kawasaki Concours 1400, 2003 Aprilia RSV Mille Tuono

Comment

A coworker just got a Ducati 999. Everyone's drooling over it and it sure is a pretty bike.
      At first he was taken aback when I said (in jest) that my XL250R parked next to his Duc was a better bike.
      He asked "how do you figure that?"
      My XL gets 70 MPG (or something like that), Duc gets 30 MPG...
      His Duc is strictly for paved roads, XL can go antwhere (even over a car)...
      Duc can do 100 bazillion MPH, XL does about 75 MPH...speed limit is 70 MPH.....
      Duc cost $16,000, XL cost me $400....
      Duc falls over it's totaled, XL is designed to fall over....
      He finally conceded that my bike has several advantages over his....he still wouldn't trade .
      Pat Kelly
      <p-lkelly@sbcglobal.net>

1978 XS1100E (The Force)
      1980 XS1100LG (The Dark Side)
      2007 Dodge Ram 2500 quad-cab long-bed (Wifes ride)
      1999 Suburban (The Ship)
      1994 Dodge Spirit (Son #1)
      1968 F100 (Valentine)

"No one is totally useless. They can always be used as a bad example"

Comment

Working...
      X