On e-bay...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On e-bay...

Hey all! I just wanted to let you know that I threw my bike on e-bay, in case anyone wants to watch. The price is perhaps a little high, but I am not too motivated to sell, and wanted to see how it would do. Makes for good watching, anyhow! Here is the link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/cafe-...item25633f515e
    Healthy is merely the slowest rate at which you can die

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba….Hunter S. Thompson

I've always liked that one. Wish I could take it off your hands.
    XS1100SG - Obsession

Like I told my last wife, I says, "Honey, I never drive faster than I can see. Besides that, it's all in the reflexes."
    -- Jack Burton

Comment

I am not huge on the cafe style but I like the ones you do, that one especially. Good luck man!
      Nathan
      KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
      K&N Filter
      #45 pilot Jet, #137.5 Main Jet
      OEM Exhaust
      ATK Fork Brace
      LED Dash lights
      Ammeter, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, and Volt Meters

Green Monster Coils
      SS Brake Lines
      Vision 550 Auto Tensioner

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

I don't see why it wouldn't bring $2500. PM me your reserve if you want, I'd love to know. I really enjoy watching my ebay auctions. When they sell.
        Are you getting more than 10% of your views as watchers?
        Notice ole492 has three bikes up on the xs search. He's got his sh*t together.
        79 XS11 Special (Lazarus)
        80 XS850 Special (Old Faithful)
        80 XS11 Standard sorta stock (Beatrice)
        79 DT 100

Comment

garrett: PM'd ya

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba….Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

I changed my mind, you may get the reserve out of it.
            I looked at the picks up close and it's beter than I remember. Still don't understand why you didn't list it as an xs 1st and a cafe 2nd. People that know xs's are the ones that like them. (wish I would have listed the super xs as a cafe, maybe i'd have got some cash for it)
            I think maybe you'r embaressed of us.
            What happened to that 1st little bike you did for your girl?
            79 XS11 Special (Lazarus)
            80 XS850 Special (Old Faithful)
            80 XS11 Standard sorta stock (Beatrice)
            79 DT 100

Comment

No, I am not ashamed of my 'first' motorcycle family!!! I have actually referred a couple of the potential buyers here to check on the longevity and quality of these bikes, so you may be getting another member anyway...

I have actually sold the XS360. It brought a premium of $2000 without any advertising. I let it be known that it was for sale, and it sold! (So much for the naysayers who said I would reduce the value by my modifications...I bought it for a third what I sold it for!) She wanted something a little more roadable, but was certainly glad for the eye appeal, and small size/ weight on which to learn. She is certainly ready for the next step!

Comment

Working...
              X