OK I gave up...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OK I gave up...

for time being on Suzuki title...I will part it out to get $ back.

I bought an '80 XS400 today for my son - a little bigger than I wanted but at least I know this bike since I had one before and we will both be on
    Yamahas...It runs and shifts well but needs alot of cosmetic attention.

Resto begins....

John
    John is in an anonymous city with an Alamo (N29.519227,W-98.678980)

Go ahead, click on the bikes - you know you want to...the electrons are ready.
    '81 XS1100H - "Enterprise"
    Bob Jones Custom Navy bike: Tkat brace, EBC floating rotors & SS lines, ROX pivot risers, Geezer rectifier, new 3H3 engine

"Not all treasure is silver and gold"

Understand John,

It frustrates me to no end the number of bikes that have to be parted out or just plain scrapped, because someone decided it was nto worth the effort and just left it where ever it was. And now, they can not be found. I contacted our state BMV about it. They sent me to the clerk of courts, they told me that it is not going to happen because it is most likely stolen property, at least that is the premise they operate on.

I understand that premise, but there are ALOT of alternates, especially in the world of older cars and bikes. I guess sending to Maine or where ever is the only true option out there.
    Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
    80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
    93 GSX600F
    80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
    81 XS1100 Special
    81 CB750 C
    80 CB750 C
    78 XS750

Comment

Don I agree...

My problem is... If it was abandoned somewhere and sold at a Law Enforcement auction - it should be register-able and title-able (cool words huh? I feel like Sarah Palin)

I mean if stolen property and Law Enforcement can't find PO, then THEY become the owner and I should be able to title it at that point.

Yes its frustrating - but was my own fault for not researching that in advance. I was just excited to get my boy some wheels.

I am more excited with this XS400 because it's like a little cousin to my XS11. Next will be the triple, and eventually his own introduction to all you degenerates

John
      John is in an anonymous city with an Alamo (N29.519227,W-98.678980)

Go ahead, click on the bikes - you know you want to...the electrons are ready.
      '81 XS1100H - "Enterprise"
      Bob Jones Custom Navy bike: Tkat brace, EBC floating rotors & SS lines, ROX pivot risers, Geezer rectifier, new 3H3 engine

"Not all treasure is silver and gold"

Comment

Title issues

A friend of mine who rebuilds and sells many cycles every year swears by these folks for obtaining titles for motorcycles with lost titles:

http://www.its-titles.com/

A word of caution, I have not used this service personally so I am not sure what kind of money they are asking for. Also, if you speak with them I'd make sure there are no issues using the titles they provide in your particular state.

My 2cents worth.

Regards,

CublaCron
        1981 XS1100SH Special

Comment

Working...
        X