finally got to ride today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• finally got to ride today

Snow finally melted off enough and got some time and high 40 degree weather here. Unplugged the float charger, opened up the petcocks, fired it up and drove off for a 3 hr ride. Love those float chargers and sta-bil. Only other thing I did was run the bowls empty when I shut it down last fall. Runs perfect. Now we got weather again today. Oh well. Nice to get out without messing with things.
    1980 xs 11 special
    1969 camaro pro street project (for sale)

That does make things painless wylie.......sounds like your sendin' another storm front this way........maybe get a sprinke and some cooler temps out of it, but for the most part more consistant riding is again upon us........
    81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Yeah...looks like the weather is eventually on the upswing. (Sorry about sending it your way). The other thing that makes a huge difference is I started wearing full leathers again. Dropped them for a while and forgot how much more secure I felt. Good thing for anyone to wear. Picked up a smokin' deal at one on CL from one of the many local brothels. Wife thought it was a real scream going down there to do the deal.

Last but not least- if it weren't for all the advice and direction I got from everyone on this site, life wouldn't be this simple. I had a lot of things to deal with in the beginning, just like everyone else, but it all worked out super. Hope all realize that. Thanks again, guys.
      1980 xs 11 special
      1969 camaro pro street project (for sale)

Comment

Just got my 78 XS running today. Had to chain out the gas tank and hit it with some muratic acid. PO let the water drain plug-up and it sat outside for a few years. Carbs rebuilt and all new lines and filters. Clear gas again! Took her for a spin today but it's still lean and popping at idle.. WD-40 around the carb boots and a nice increase in RPMS. Pulled em off and gonna RTV em tonight. Suppose new ones are in my future.

At least I got a 4 mile ride in on the old girl! Yay!
        1) Fire up Internet Explorer
        2) http://www.yahoo.com
        3) type "www.mapquest.com" into the Yahoo search page.
        4) go about day as VP managing multi-million dollar financial contracts.

Comment

After the RTV, try it again, make sure it is not the butterfly seals on the carbs.
          Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
          80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
          93 GSX600F
          80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
          81 XS1100 Special
          81 CB750 C
          80 CB750 C
          78 XS750

Comment

I fired mine up today. Last year I took it twice on vacation with us and got to ride it thru the Mark Twain forest highway. Nice ride. When I put it up I used stabill and a battery tender. Fired right up and idled. 1st year I won't have to clean the pilot jets out.
            "We are often so caught up in our destination that we forget to appreciate the journey." "

Comment

ride

Been riding most of the week, and did not get salt all over everything. After sitting in the garage and starting a few times over the winter, the F runs very nice. Put on over 100 miles today, temp about 45. Really feels good, my 72 year old bones just love riding my 31 year old bike.
              put something smooooth betwen your legs, XS eleven
              79 F (Blueballs)
              79 SF (Redbutt)
              81 LH (organ donor)
              79 XS 650S (gone to MC heaven)
              76 CB 750 (gone to MC heaven)
              rover has spoken

Comment

All I can say is;

Originally posted by rover View Post
                Been riding most of the week, and did not get salt all over everything. After sitting in the garage and starting a few times over the winter, the F runs very nice. Put on over 100 miles today, temp about 45. Really feels good, my 72 year old bones just love riding my 31 year old bike.
                Very cool Rover. Very Cool!

Rick
                XS1100F TKAT fork brace Stock suspension. Vetter Fairing. Pingel Petcocks. Geezer voltage regulator
                http://s910.photobucket.com/albums/a...t=DSCF3026.jpg
                650SF
                http://s910.photobucket.com/albums/a...t=DSCF2647.jpg
                XS1100SG Project bike
                http://s910.photobucket.com/albums/a...t=DSCF3034.jpg

Comment

Really feels good, my 72 year old bones just love riding my 31 year old bike.
                  ----------And my 41 year old wife!!!!!
                  79 F (Blueballs)
                  79 SF (Redbutt)
                  81 LH (organ donor)
                  rover has spoken

Comment

Sounds like your bragging now... lol

I hope I'm still riding at 72.
                    Ty

78 XS1100E - Now in Minnesota
                    80 XS1100LG - The Punisher
                    82 XJ1100 - Current project - The Twins
                    82 XJ1100 - Wife's Bike - The Twins
                    82 XJ1100 - Daughter's Bike
                    72 Suzuki TS125 - Daughter's Bike
                    72 Yamaha Mini JT2 - Youngest Daughter's bike (She wants a bigger one now)

Comment

.......and don't wanna know any more.
                      81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

finally got to ride

Snow and freezing rain today, cold and nasty the rest of the week.
                        Merde alors
                        79 F (Blueballs)
                        79 SF (Redbutt)
                        81 LH (organ donor)
                        rover has spoken

Comment

Working...
                        X