Has anyone heard from our brothers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone heard from our brothers

in New Zealand and Australia?? I read the news this morning where more than 60,000 has left Christcamp for good. Apparently they are still feeling aftershocks in town and in the country around the city. And, there must be many, many people homeless in Australia. Does anyone know if there are legitimate funds that are sending goods and money to these needy places?
    Ole Jack
    J.D."Jack" Smith
    1980G&S "Halfbreed"
    1978E straight job
    "We the people are the rightful masters of both congress and the courts, not to overthrow the constitution, but to overthrow the men who pervert the constitution." Abraham Lincoln

Life is like a coin, you can choose to spend it any way you wish, but you can only spend it once. Make your choices wisely.

Hey Jack, look for a couple threads from a week or so ago. All have checked in and are in good shape. One member actually was at work in Christchurch when it occurred.

Some of our brothers from down under may have some ideas where you can send aid and what kind of aid would be best.
    Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
    80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
    93 GSX600F
    80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
    81 XS1100 Special
    81 CB750 C
    80 CB750 C
    78 XS750

Comment

Thanks for the concern Jack. All of us on this side of the Tasman are doing okay, albiet some better than others, but were okay none the less, and I think everyone in Aus (other side of the Tasman) made it through thier troubles ok as well.

If you want to donate, the Red Cross seems to be the agency of choice http://www.redcross.org.nz/cms_display.php and from what ive seen they are doing a stellar job. Anything would be very much appreciated.

For up to the moment updates, Twitter seems to be the place to go but this site has live Twitter feeds being updated all the time http://eqnz.co.nz/

For thos of you that watch The Amazing Race, the host, Phil Keogan, is a born and bred Kiwi from Christchurch and he's been here for the last week filming a short doco of the damage to his home town which i understand will be screened on one of your networks next week.
      1980 SG. (Sold - waiting on replacement)
      2000 XJR1300. The Real modern XS11. Others are just pretenders.

Woman (well, my wife anyway) are always on Transmit and never Receive.

"A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be" Albert Einstien.

Comment

That is what I LOVE about this site. It doesn't matter where you are, we are ALL ONE FAMILY! Even if there isn't much one can do, the total seems to help. GOD BLESS ALL, and lets pray for everyone who has been through this, and hope everyone can mend in their own way!
        Ray Matteis
        KE6NHG
        XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
        XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

Ray, we use a Maori phrase in this part of the world that epotimises the Kiwi culture and resolve. It is "Kia Kaha" and translates to "Forever Strong". I have heard that phrase more in the last two weeks than I have ever heard it before, and everyone who uses it firmly believes it. We'll be fine, it might take a while but we'll get through it okay.

Once again, thanks for the concern guys, it is very much appreciated.
          1980 SG. (Sold - waiting on replacement)
          2000 XJR1300. The Real modern XS11. Others are just pretenders.

Woman (well, my wife anyway) are always on Transmit and never Receive.

"A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be" Albert Einstien.

Comment

Working...
          X