vetter/yamaha fairing stereo pod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vetter/yamaha fairing stereo pod

Looking for a fairing radio pod for my 1980 xs1100 (venture?) does anyone have an idea where I might buy one,thanks a bunch,think the fairing is a dealer add on, it says yamaha and vetter on it with the square headlight, left cover snaps on, right cover in a key release. again thanks
    1980 xs1100

if you are looking for the original cassette/radio player i have one,,ride safe ,,slow mo!
    The Belfast Express {1980 xs11oo special/TC fuse box/mikes xs pods/bad boy horn!/mikes green coils/mac 4 into 2 exhaust/ standard bars/vetter fairing c/w ipod CD iphone am/fm radio/tkat fork brace ,,,tuned by tinman
    moemcnally@hotmail.com
    i AM THE KING OF NOTHING

the people here are great , doesn't matter about the bike really/hamjam ////

Comment

They pop up on ebay every now and then too. It's called cyclesound
      Nathan
      KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
      K&N Filter
      #45 pilot Jet, #137.5 Main Jet
      OEM Exhaust
      ATK Fork Brace
      LED Dash lights
      Ammeter, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, and Volt Meters

Green Monster Coils
      SS Brake Lines
      Vision 550 Auto Tensioner

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

Once you have the cyclesounds housing, you can put just about any automotive stereo in it. Some opt for a marine grade one for weatherproofing though. You can also buy the 4" waterproof speakers at Autozone for about $12 ea.

Just be sure to mount it to the fairing properly, with 4 of the windshield screws and the support brackets from the winshield clip screws. Otherwise it will bounce itself to pieces!
        1980 XS850SG - Sold
        1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
        Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
        Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
        -H. Ford

Comment

Cut to fit?

BOLO for a mistake I made years ago, many of the new radio units require a rectangle opening and I cut my Cyclesound to fit. Had cracks in the corner in 1k and was distroyed in 3k even with reinforcement.
          1979 XS 1100 Special - Nicknamed "MONSTER"

ATC fuse box
          Braded stainless brake lines
          4/2 aftermarket exhaust(temp until stock is re-chromed )
          V-Max auto cam chain adjuster
          Brake light modulator with reserve brake light bypass
          Vetter Windjammer III faring
          Tkat Fork Brace

"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed; unlike the citizens of the countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms”
          James Madison, The Federalists Papers

Comment

Originally posted by je2wheeler View Post
            BOLO for a mistake I made years ago, many of the new radio units require a rectangle opening and I cut my Cyclesound to fit. Had cracks in the corner in 1k and was distroyed in 3k even with reinforcement.
            Yeah, the rectangle ones cannot be supported by the front of the cyclesounds unit itself. You have to put some foam (like seat foam) in the housing, both above AND below the radio to support it. There should be NO stress on the front of the unit, except the tabs that bend out to keep it from sliding back into the housing.
            1980 XS850SG - Sold
            1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
            Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
            Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
            -H. Ford

Comment

Working...
            X