Crap... credit card fraud

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crap... credit card fraud

... got a bill on the credit card for 100 Euros (137.37 CAD) on the 17th.. it said it was for Full Tilt poker.. I have a poker app on my IPhone, but it's a free player vs comp poker... other than that, I just play with buddys in th garage for beer... so it wasn't me... I phoned VISA, and told them. They said there was an attempt at a 5000 EUR charge, and a 1000 EUR charge too before the 100 EUR charge, and there was an attempt at 50 EUR after.
    This is the card I use for online stuff only, and thus I have the limit set at $500, and it was up to $390 to start, so they didn't get much, but Visa is still going to re-imburst me, because I have fraud insurance... could have been alot worse though if it was the other card, and I didn't have insurance.

Any who, the point is to get fraud insurance, and have a small card for online stuff...
    There are only two types of bikers...
    those that have layed it down, and
    those that have not layed it down...YET!

1982 XJ1100J Maxim (F-Bomb)
    Not going to lie, Brand new at this... thanks for having a bit of patience with dumb questions

In a similar vein, my sister got facebook message from a lady in Florida asking her about a $2000 check she had written against my sisters account. The lady in Florida had responded to one of these work from home ads. She was given this check and told to cash it, keep $500 for her expenses and pass the other $1500 to other people she now "worked with".

The number sequence was WAY off from my sisters checks, she is in the 500 range it was a 2500 series check. And it was check 2508 that this lady had. So the person writing the checks had had checks made against her account and was now up to eight checks against it.

My sister called her bank and got it cleared up, but she still has no idea who it was and how they got her account numbers. Honestly it could be anyone who handled any check she wrote though.
    Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
    80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
    93 GSX600F
    80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
    81 XS1100 Special
    81 CB750 C
    80 CB750 C
    78 XS750

Comment

I also have a Credit card that I keep a 500 dollar limit on, to use specifically for online stuff. At least they can't get away with a huge amount that way.
      2-79 XS1100 SF
      2-78 XS1100 E Best bike Ever
      80 XS 1100 SG Big bore kit but not fully running yet.
      Couple of more parts bikes of which 2 more will live!

Comment

Working...
      X