Getting the XJ on Wikipedia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting the XJ on Wikipedia

I was just browsing on wikipedia, and knowticed there is nothing on the XJ's...except for in the XS11 section, and it is not accurate:

(XS Eleven Special was released alongside it in 1979. Both models were superseded by the 1982 XJ1100 Maxim which used the same engine. The XJ1100 Maxim was only built for one year, before being phased out.)

I am fairly new at this, but even I know the XJ was built for 3 years, just not sold in USA for '83, '84.

Anywho, I want to get some information. and might as well do some advertising for the site while I'm at it... So any and all information on XJ 11 specs, and history you guys can post, I will build an article keeping this site, and the users who send the info as the references, and build an article. It could point people to the site who are new owners... (not like google doesn't have 40million hits to the site just from typing in ''XJ'') and give a bit of background information to potential new owners who are shopping.

So, if you could send any info on the XJ to this thread you would like to see in the article. please do not PM it to me, so I'm not going through redundant stuff, and everyone can see whats already going in through the thread, and make corrections before I put it all together, and in the end, I will post the article to this thread for a proof read, and if everything checks out, I will post it to Wikipedia
    There are only two types of bikers...
    those that have layed it down, and
    those that have not layed it down...YET!

1982 XJ1100J Maxim (F-Bomb)
    Not going to lie, Brand new at this... thanks for having a bit of patience with dumb questions

JAT, but you might also link to the xjbikes.com site. They focus on ALL the XJ's though, not just the 1100.

A few pieces to mention:
    Linked brakes, swirly wheels, articulated handlebars, brushed 26A alternator, oil LEVEL sensor (not pressure), and the computerized dash.
    1980 XS850SG - Sold
    1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
    Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
    Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
    -H. Ford

Comment

XJ wasn't offered in the U.S. for 83-84, just 82 and I suppose that's what it references to.
      Last edited by motoman; 02-17-2011, 12:32 PM. Reason: add info
      81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Anyone have any idea on why the XJ was discontinued?
        There are only two types of bikers...
        those that have layed it down, and
        those that have not layed it down...YET!

1982 XJ1100J Maxim (F-Bomb)
        Not going to lie, Brand new at this... thanks for having a bit of patience with dumb questions

Comment

Originally posted by Kronk View Post
          Anyone have any idea on why the XJ was discontinued?
          As far as I know, it had to to do with the change in consumer demand. Folks wanted a sportier sport bike, so they made the FJ:

or something with "V" engine, to look more like a hardley:

1980 XS850SG - Sold
          1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
          Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
          Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
          -H. Ford

Comment

Working...
          X