40 + degrees in central WI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 40 + degrees in central WI

WOW!!! Spring has sprung, the battery is charging, and I will be riding tomorrow and the rest of the week WWOOOO HHHHOOOOOOO
    put something smooooth betwen your legs, XS eleven
    79 F (Blueballs)
    79 SF (Redbutt)
    81 LH (organ donor)
    79 XS 650S (gone to MC heaven)
    76 CB 750 (gone to MC heaven)
    rover has spoken

No kidding! We are expecting upper 60's by Thursday! I had to take the Hippo Hands off the bike yesterday.
    1980 XS850SG - Sold
    1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
    Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
    Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
    -H. Ford

Comment

I wish I would have worked faster to get my bike refurbed, she is still in pieces and certainly not drivable!
      Nathan
      KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
      K&N Filter
      #45 pilot Jet, #137.5 Main Jet
      OEM Exhaust
      ATK Fork Brace
      LED Dash lights
      Ammeter, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, and Volt Meters

Green Monster Coils
      SS Brake Lines
      Vision 550 Auto Tensioner

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

Oh ya,,,,,
        Got my license plate renewals today and thinking the same thing. Let's Ride!!!!
        It's been a heck of a long winter.
        XJ1100 Ruby Red
        XS1100LH "Midnight"
        1972 MGB Roadster "sold"

Comment

Great weather !

Sorry to be a party pooper, but we need a good rain to get all the salt off the roads berore I'll ride.
          Tom Clisham

Age is relative YOU WON"T GET OLD TIL YOU SELL THE BIKE

'78xs1100E ,all stock & original GONE TO WISCONSIN

'80 SG Vetter fairing,hard bags,trunk,fork brace,
          stock headers with fishtail mufflers,black & beautiful GONE TO ARIZONA

79SF lowered,jardine 4/2 exhaust,pod filters,drilled rotors,fork brace, bar hopper

79SF 1 owner,8000 miles, restoring to completely original ( I hope) GONE TO FRANCE

Comment

40+

These are some of the benefits of being old and experienced. I keep my bike ready all winter. I am not afraid to ride on the roads as long as there is no ice. Still young enough to wash my bike, so not worried about salt. Experienced enough to ride carefully with all the winter crap on the road. Someday you also will enjoy this feeling.
            79 F (Blueballs)
            79 SF (Redbutt)
            81 LH (organ donor)
            rover has spoken

Comment

We went from -21 degrees and 16 inches of snow earlier last week (not common for Okla) to 40's yesterday and today. Snow has mostly melted, and weatherman says 70's later this week, so I will be riding as well, once the roads dry up and I don't get coated by the vehicle in front of me. Took the wife out riding yesterday through the country, but she only lasted a couple of miles.
              Richard
              '79 XS1100SF "Phantom Stranger" full fairing w/radio and cd player, H-D Roadking trunk, everything else stock
              '02 Honda VTX1800C

Comment

40+

Been there done that. Dude I'm 40+30.

I just know that there's no way to get all the salt from everywhere on my 30 yr old metal. I can wait a few more weeks.
                Tom Clisham

79SF lowered,jardine 4/2 exhaust,pod filters,drilled rotors,fork brace, bar hopper

79SF 1 owner,8000 miles, restoring to completely original ( I hope) GONE TO FRANCE

Comment

64 here today
                  "If A equals success, then the formula is: A = X + Y + Z. X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut." - Albert Einstein

"Illegitimi non carborundum"-Joseph W. "Vinegar Joe" Stilwell

1980 LG
                  1981 LH

Comment

Happy Birthday Duwayne.

Hey Nate don't panic just gives you more incentive to keep fixing. I expect it will get cold again soon anyway
                    Phil
                    1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
                    1983 XJ 650 Maxim
                    2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

Originally posted by MaximPhil View Post
                      Happy Birthday Duwayne.

Hey Nate don't panic just gives you more incentive to keep fixing. I expect it will get cold again soon anyway
                      Phil
                      Yeah I know, I am not getting too excited about it. Just gives me that kick in the rear to get things moving!
                      Nathan
                      KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
                      K&N Filter
                      #45 pilot Jet, #137.5 Main Jet
                      OEM Exhaust
                      ATK Fork Brace
                      LED Dash lights
                      Ammeter, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, and Volt Meters

Green Monster Coils
                      SS Brake Lines
                      Vision 550 Auto Tensioner

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

Rover, if your rides are on that monster in your avatar............keep a watch for tailgaters........
                        81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

40+

Been there done that. Dude I'm 40+30.

WOW, you are almost as old as I, guess I better wait til June or July so I don't get salt on the bike I have been riding since 1980
                          79 F (Blueballs)
                          79 SF (Redbutt)
                          81 LH (organ donor)
                          rover has spoken

Comment

It goes on

Ok
                            My first ride was a Whizzer. It was 1951.

I still won't ride till the salts gone. i guess patience comes with age.
                            Tom Clisham

Comment

That it does Tom. Here, previous mag-chloride shot on the pavement rears its ugly head when the pavement warms up showing as a darker reflecting area. Gives new meaning to stopping, starting and turning at times on four wheels, and areas to avoid if on two.
                              81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Working...
                              X