Happy Birthday Cobia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy Birthday Cobia

Hey Robert, Happy Birthday! Have a great day, hope you get to ride!
    2H7 (79)
    3H3

"If it ain't broke, modify it"

Happy birthday from me, too!
    Marty (in Mississippi)
    XS1100SG
    XS650SK
    XS650SH
    XS650G
    XS6502F
    XS650E

Comment

Thanks Guys!!
      Might get a short ride in today depending on the wx. Actually, I'm a little under the weather myself, fighting off a cold.
      1980G Standard, Restored
      Kerker 4 - 1
      850 Rear End Mod
      2-21 Flashing LED Arrays on either side of license plate for Brake Light Assist, 1100 Lumen Cree Aux Lights,
      Progressive springs, Showa rear shocks
      Automatic CCT
      1980GH Special, Restored
      Stock Exhaust, New Handlebars, 1" Spacer in Fork Springs, Automatic CCT, Showa Rear Shocks
      '82 XJ1100 (Sold)
      Automatic CCT, RC Engineering 4 X 1 Exhaust, K&N Pods, #50 Pilot Jets, YICS Eliminator. Sorely missed.

Comment

Originally posted by Cobia View Post
        Thanks Guys!!
        Might get a short ride in today depending on the wx. Actually, I'm a little under the weather myself, fighting off a cold.
        Hi Cobia,
        Hope you had a good Birthday. sounds like you are too sick to ride or fish
        Phil
        1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
        1983 XJ 650 Maxim
        2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

Happy Birthday Brother

Comment

Happy birthday man!
            Nathan
            KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
            K&N Filter
            #45 pilot Jet, #137.5 Main Jet
            OEM Exhaust
            ATK Fork Brace
            LED Dash lights
            Ammeter, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, and Volt Meters

Green Monster Coils
            SS Brake Lines
            Vision 550 Auto Tensioner

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

Thanks again guys!!
              Had a very sedate one. I guess I celebrated on Sunday, superbowl night!!
              Thanks again.
              1980G Standard, Restored
              Kerker 4 - 1
              850 Rear End Mod
              2-21 Flashing LED Arrays on either side of license plate for Brake Light Assist, 1100 Lumen Cree Aux Lights,
              Automatic CCT
              1980GH Special, Restored
              Stock Exhaust, New Handlebars, 1" Spacer in Fork Springs, Automatic CCT, Showa Rear Shocks
              '82 XJ1100 (Sold)
              Automatic CCT, RC Engineering 4 X 1 Exhaust, K&N Pods, #50 Pilot Jets, YICS Eliminator. Sorely missed.

Comment

Happy B-Day Robert!! Even if it is almost over! Hope you got to at least relax and ride a few miles. Its going to be single digits here tonight, so I might just hold against you if you don't ride while you can!!
                Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
                80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
                93 GSX600F
                80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
                81 XS1100 Special
                81 CB750 C
                80 CB750 C
                78 XS750

Comment

Celebate,er celibrate!

Happy Birthday. kid.
                  When does life begin? At conception? When he/she breaths the first breath? No, it is when they leave home!
                  Special Ed
                  Old bikers never die, they're just out of sight!

My recently re-built, hopped up '79 Special caught fire and burned everything from the top of the engine up: gas tank, wiring, seat, & melted my windshield all over the front of the bike. Just bought a 1980 Special that has been non oped for 9 years. My Skoot will rise from the ashes and be re named "The Phoenix!"
                  I've been riding since 1959.

Comment

Happy belated Birthday Cobia!

I hope you're feeling better
                    81 SH Something Special
                    81 frame, 80 tank and side covers, 79 tail light and carbs, 78 engine, 750 final drive mod, Geezer rec/reg, 140 mains, LH wheels

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
                    81SH Nor'eas tah (Old Red)
                    80 LG Black Magic
                    78 E Standard Practice

James 3:17

If I can make at least one person smile, or pee their pants a little, or maybe spit out their drink; then my day is not wasted.

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
                    For those on FB

Comment

Feel better!
                      Nathan
                      KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
                      K&N Filter
                      #45 pilot Jet, #137.5 Main Jet
                      OEM Exhaust
                      ATK Fork Brace
                      LED Dash lights
                      Ammeter, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, and Volt Meters

Green Monster Coils
                      SS Brake Lines
                      Vision 550 Auto Tensioner

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

Cobia,
                        Sorry to be sending this late, but I hope you had a great Birthday!

Also sorry to hear your a bit under the weather. Hope by now you feel better.

BTW, those lowers are definitely on the ole XJ right now!

Skiatook got 18" of snow last week that stayed around... then we got another 12" last night!

Right now, all I'm doin' is shoveling snow... and me and my poor achy back's about to get sick of it! LOL

Bet things are different down in sunny Florida though, right?

Anyway... hope gettin' another year older wasn't too painful!
                        Bob
                        '82 XJ1100J Maxim (has been sold.)

'79 F "Time Machine"... oh yeah, Baby.... (Sold back to Maximan)

2011 Kaw Concours 14 ABS

In the warden's words from Cool Hand Luke;
                        "What we have here is a failure to communicate."

Comment

Thanks all!!
                          Feeling a lot better after several days on antibiotics. Well enough to at least run some errands on the bike and taking the long route everywhere..
                          We've been having great WX around here lately although with a few showers.
                          Your blood kind of thins out around here and if the temps dip below 60 degrees you have to bundle up, kind of a pain the *ss.
                          I know, I know, I'm a pansy about this.... so I just pile it on and ride anyway. Just hated missing the Key West ride
                          Thanks for all the good wishes and encouragement. Will be riding again soon, and restoring the XJ, and the boat, and the truck, and......
                          Anyway, deep thanks to all.
                          1980G Standard, Restored
                          Kerker 4 - 1
                          850 Rear End Mod
                          Automatic CCT
                          1980GH Special, Restored
                          '82 XJ1100 (Sold)

Comment

Hi Robert,

Sorry I'm late, but I wanted to wish you a happy birthday and hope your feeling better. Keep up the good work on your XJ.

Take care and ride safe,
                            Larry
                            Inventor of the YICS Eliminator. Want one? Get it here.
                            http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread...399#post183399

If you're not riding, you're not living!
                            82 XJ1100
                            80 XS1100G (Project bike)
                            64 Yamaha YA-6
                            77 Suzuki TS-185

79 XS1100SF Built this one for a friend.
                            See it here... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBYT4C9_6Ac

Comment

ride & celebrate

Originally posted by Cobia View Post
                              Thanks all!!
                              Feeling a lot better after several days on antibiotics. Well enough to at least run some errands on the bike and taking the long route everywhere..
                              We've been having great WX around here lately although with a few showers.
                              Your blood kind of thins out around here and if the temps dip below 60 degrees you have to bundle up, kind of a pain the *ss.
                              I know, I know, I'm a pansy about this.... so I just pile it on and ride anyway. Just hated missing the Key West ride
                              Thanks for all the good wishes and encouragement. Will be riding again soon, and restoring the XJ, and the boat, and the truck, and......
                              Anyway, deep thanks to all.
                              Hi Robert,
                              I missed you on the Key West ride. Much warmer than Last year. Good fun. I too am back to some long deferred maintenance. Getting some done, but missing out on some great riding weather. I warned the XSives from the great white north that you FL riders have a very different idea of what cold winter weather is. hope to see you in the fall @ TWO again.

Brent in GA
                              It is a great big beautiful world out there
                              Brent in GA
                              Yamaha 80XS1100SG, HD Firefighter Special Edition 02 Road King, Honda 450 rat, 08 Buell 1125R tour modified, 83 goldwing parts bike gone-traded for XJ1100, 2014 HD electraglide police

Comment

Working...
                              X