xs 11 black box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• xs 11 black box

Thats unfortunate if yamaha did not mark the components in the blackbox ignition.I hope mine never goes. Is this component one of yamahas big secrets?I just know as much as Ive read here on the site. Im electronics 'da'. I was surfing the net and founsd a web page- Dave's Yamaha Vision Page (our world.compuserve.com) He has a complete schematics and tips on testing the black box igntion on a yammy vision. Many links too.Where did he get all his info? I havent got through reading evrything yet. Im slow when it comes to the electronic field. Perhaps some of you more versed fellows can make use of this information. Perhap s some already know this fellow. Im new to the xs site so hope I dont look silly here.There must be a more effeicient way to salvage or repair the xs ignition.Is it cheaper to have some one repair existing units .I suppose theyre rare enough to replace at present. whatare the after market options??Maybe this other site is worth a look for our xs experts and perhaps this Dave fellow can shed some light on what exactly is in the xs black box and where to find schematics for cheap simple repairs and troubleshooting.I hope this helps guys.
    Steve

Cool.

http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homep...ition/CDI.HTML
    Last edited by Bud Manley; 10-03-2003, 01:01 PM.
    79 XS1100F "JINGUS"
    07 V-star 1100
    Do you want it done right or do you want me to do it?

Comment

Home page link
      HERE
      79 XS1100F "JINGUS"
      07 V-star 1100
      Do you want it done right or do you want me to do it?

Comment

thankyou

Thanks Bud for making the link easier to get at.Im computor 'da ' too.
        Steve

Comment

Working...
        X