ahh, season over...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ahh, season over...

aw shucks. another xs11 riding season over. I sure had a blast, and did plenty of work, as well. But now... she's got her cyllinders fogged, battery tended, and has found a nice place in the basement. I think maybe I'll move to Galveston, TX... so that I can ride more. hmm.

Enjoy the rest of the season you non-cold weather climate livers.
    '80 XS1100 SG <== now parting post 45mph wreck

'79 Jeep CJ7, my other lover and drain of cash...

Hey there Sam,

Sorry you have to live in such cold climes!! This upcoming Rally at T.W.O. in Ga. in a couple of weeks will probably be my last actual run/ride as well. I've still got to order some new gauntlets and a head/neck/chest warmer/protector so that I can make that ride with as much comfort as I can. Will try to take plenty of pictures and video. I've got a modest video already done of a Rally I attended last year in North Carolina, would be happy to send you a copy if interested, just PM me offline. I made and gave out copies for all Xsives that were in attendance that year. Gary and Bruce have one, along with several others, they said I had done decent job with it!!!

T.C.
    T. C. Gresham
    81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
    79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
    History shows again and again,
    How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

Here in North Central Texas we have scheduled winter this year for January 27, 28, 29... So I have a three or four day "off-season" this year.

Sigh.

CUAgain,
      Daniel Meyer
      Author. Adventurer. Electrician.
      Find out why...It's About the Ride.

Comment

canadian weather??

Hey guys its nothin in ontario to see some one out in nov., dec, or even early march as long as the road is dry and the suns out. Temperature ?heck, that what we have snow mobile suits for.
        steve
        p.s. Hm, texas sounds good

Comment

I have riden to work everyday this week... yes it is nice here in South east Texas lol
          Shawn
          78 XS1100E "Black Rat"
          78 XS1100E Parts
          www.hotrod1972.com

Comment

NC ride will most likely be my last of the season. There may be a day or two in November but once they salt the roads.... it's over.
            Gary Granger
            Remember, we are the caretakers of mechanical art.
            2013 Suzuki DR650SE, 2009 Kawasaki Concours 1400, 2003 Aprilia RSV Mille Tuono

Comment

I live in hollis maine
              you should hold out
              there are always a few more days left
              http://home.securespeed.us/~xswilly/
              78E main ride, since birth the "good"
              78E Parts, the "bad" fixing up now
              78E Parts the "ugly" maybe next year
              79F Parts
              80G Parts
              75 DT 400B enduro

Comment

Agree! Here in Ontario I don't put Blue Bell to bed until christmas. Last year I rode Xmas day to my family due to not trusting my truck.
                Right now I'm thankful it's 24c out there as the truck is dead again and I'm on 2 wheels at least until the snow flies.
                1979 XS1100 - "Blue Belle"

Comment

I am flying to Minneapolis on Monday to pick up my '78 1100E that I purchased new in February, 1978. I haven't seen it in 14 years. I am riding to Grand Island, Denver, Durango, Las Vegas, then home to Santa Cruz, CA. I won't accept anything but warm sunny days on the bike that I had at 130mph with 1/4 throttle left, 26 years ago.
                  Bill

Comment

Reunion

Bill, that certainly sounds like an adventure! Lots of luck and I hope that you are not disappointed. May 78E's live on forever.
                    Weather up that way was warm the last couple of days. Hope it stays warm for you until you are well out of; "Dodge"
                    Have a great ride.
                    Ken/Sooke
                    78E Ratbyk
                    82 FT500 "lilRat"

Comment

Originally posted by TopCatGr58
                      I've got a modest video already done of a Rally I attended last year in North Carolina, would be happy to send you a copy if interested, just PM me offline.
                      T.C.
                      TC, you're the modest one. That video was very cool, especially with the custom labels! Are you bringing your camcorder to the TWO rally?
                      Robert
                      79 SF

Comment

Working...
                      X