Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TWO DAY Basic Rider Course

Hi
    I am thinking about taking a TWO DAY Basic Rider Course. This class is about 1 1/2 hr from my house and 1/2 of the cost... The Riders class here in Fairfax, VA is $350 APEX
    Here is the link to The Riders class in Winchester, VA. Could one of you star riders give me "look read" and let me know if you think the Winchester class is good to go.
    Thanks
    Stu

If its an MSF class should be fine.

here is a link to the msf website with all the va classes.
    Nathan
    KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
    K&N Filter
    #45 pilot Jet, #137.5 Main Jet
    OEM Exhaust
    ATK Fork Brace
    LED Dash lights
    Ammeter, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, and Volt Meters

Green Monster Coils
    SS Brake Lines
    Vision 550 Auto Tensioner

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

It says they employ only MSF certified trainers, so yeah, I'd go for it. All the MSF BRC's are 2-day around here. The first half of the first day in a classroom, then the rest out on the range. The strangest part was switching from the little honda 250's they provided for the class, back to my 1100 for the ride home!

Although, the BRC's here are $215 total for the whole class, and the Advanced course is $135 (one-day, bring your own bike)
      Last edited by CatatonicBug; 01-12-2011, 12:58 PM.
      1980 XS850SG - Sold
      1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
      Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
      Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
      -H. Ford

Comment

Originally posted by stu22180 View Post
        Hi
        I am thinking about taking a TWO DAY Basic Rider Course. This class is about 1 1/2 hr from my house and 1/2 of the cost... The Riders class here in Fairfax, VA is $350 APEX
        Here is the link to The Riders class in Winchester, VA. Could one of you star riders give me "look read" and let me know if you think the Winchester class is good to go.
        Thanks
        Hi Stu,
        Looks fine. MSF handbook is on a link so read that ahead of time.
        If you can manage the 3 day probably has the classroom session on Friday evening and gives more time on the bike puting the theory into practice under observation from the coaches. Same $150 sounds like a really good deal to me. You will learn things that can save your life and it;s fun too.
        Phil
        1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
        1983 XJ 650 Maxim
        2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

My course course cost me about $300. It was a 3 day course, 2 nights and 1 day. Well worth it, although I didn't think of it like that at the time. I got caught without the endorsement by the PD and the bike was immediately immobilized. In FL it's an arrestable offense !! I was let go because of a clean record and good standing in the community.....
          Yet, I picked up a few tips and tricks from it, like the fact that you can ride in the HO lane during restricted times!!
          Before 2004 in FL you used to be able to take the written test and then take the road course test to get your endorsement. But apparently there were too many accidents where the state experienced some liability issues because inadequate training and they handed it over to the local MSF chapters.
          Immediately, the cost of the course jumped from $175 to around $300, go figure!! It's worth it though, at least I got to meet some hotties in the process!!!
          1980G Standard, Restored
          Kerker 4 - 1
          850 Rear End Mod
          2-21 Flashing LED Arrays on either side of license plate for Brake Light Assist, 1100 Lumen Cree Aux Lights,
          Progressive springs, Showa rear shocks
          Automatic CCT
          1980GH Special, Restored
          Stock Exhaust, New Handlebars, 1" Spacer in Fork Springs, Automatic CCT, Showa Rear Shocks
          '82 XJ1100 (Sold)
          Automatic CCT, RC Engineering 4 X 1 Exhaust, K&N Pods, #50 Pilot Jets, YICS Eliminator. Sorely missed.

Comment

Msf

Come to MI to get your endorsement. The BRC is Fri night & all day Sat and Sun. Cost is $25. We're the lowest in the nation. Not sure how, but it's pretty awesome for riders around here.
            -Do what makes you happy.

'79 Honda CB 750 K (2)
            '78 XS 11 E - "Rhona"
            ...and a 2nd E, for the goodies on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Erik the Red View Post
              Come to MI to get your endorsement. The BRC is Fri night & all day Sat and Sun. Cost is $25. We're the lowest in the nation. Not sure how, but it's pretty awesome for riders around here.
              Wow! Too bad that BRC card isn't accepted in all other states... Some states accept the card from other states, but some don't.
              1980 XS850SG - Sold
              1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
              Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
              Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
              -H. Ford

Comment

Working...
              X