Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pretty funny forum post/response (another forum)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pretty funny forum post/response (another forum)

My buddy sent me this link and thought I would share as well. It appears that the thread had to be closed (big surprise). CLICKY
    '81 XS1100 SH

Melted to the ground during The Valley Fire

Sep. 12th 2015

RIP

Wow, as I read that I figured there would be some mocking but nothing like what was given! Sounds like there is some bitterness behind that post!
    Nathan
    KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
    K&N Filter
    #45 pilot Jet, #137.5 Main Jet
    OEM Exhaust
    ATK Fork Brace
    LED Dash lights
    Ammeter, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, and Volt Meters

Green Monster Coils
    SS Brake Lines
    Vision 550 Auto Tensioner

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

That was my first thought, too. Sounds like he's quoting from personal experience.
      XS1100SG - Obsession

Like I told my last wife, I says, "Honey, I never drive faster than I can see. Besides that, it's all in the reflexes."
      -- Jack Burton

Comment

Makes me appreciate the mods here that much more...
        1980 XS850SG - Sold
        1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
        Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
        Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
        -H. Ford

Comment

I'd swear I just heard lips smacking.
          Former owner, but I have NO PARTS LEFT!

Comment

All I can say is Mr. Wgirvine sure gave freud some ammunition there.
            Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
            80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
            93 GSX600F
            80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
            81 XS1100 Special
            81 CB750 C
            80 CB750 C
            78 XS750

Comment

I liked the reply, so much truth in it, probably some experience, maybe some sour grapes.
              I owned 53 Bentley R for many years before I was married. We mutually agreed to sell the car, but then the clutch died. So I pulled it all apart and put a new clutch in it. A Bentley is an RR in disguise for those that do not know.
              The RR Silver Dawn is a depowered Bentley R Type.
              While testing the new clutch number six exhaust valve seat came lose. Spotted a great grey owl while driving.
              The valve seat is a fairly easy fix after the head is off. BUT, the case hardened cylinder liner ( top half only ) had collapsed inward and was planning on self destructing.
              I pulled the engine and put in six new sleeves plus a bunch of other work.
              We had also dropped $$$ into chrome work and body work.
              To my X wifes credit she did not complain too much. Why? because it was cheap compared to the $$$ we spent to buy 5 acres for a place to keep her horse. Plus the barn and the new house.
              Sold the Bentley got all my money back but no gain. End of story.

Except this: One of her horses ran his teeth up the trunk of the newly painted R. He practiced on my hood truck first.

Uncle Crusty

Comment

Working...
              X