New Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Project

I just received my grandpa's old snowblower. Its a 1979 Simplicity Snowbuster 421. My Grandpa died back in 2004 and its been sitting in my dads shed. Stopped by the shop that grandpa bought the snowblower brand new. They was able to pull out a file of everything that was ever done. That in its self was amazing that they kept all records over the 30 plus years. On top of that while going through a box that was also stuffed in the shed I found the Parts manual, owners manual, and original purchase slip with warranty card! I hope to get this beast up and running. My grandpa would be so proud! I'll post pictures as soon as I can.
    68 Honda Cl350 (sold)
    76 Honda Cb 400 super sport
    79 special (skull bike)
    79 special (parts bike w/title)
    79 special
    80 standard full dress (Sat 24 years)
    81 special (parts for now trying to get the title)
    81 kaw 750 ltd (sold to brother-in-law)
    80 650 maxim (fixing for wife)
    81 650 maxim
    81 Xs 650 special ( No title found in a barn)
    88 Zx 600r (Sold)
    01 Gz 250

Sweet! It's always fun to find and get old things like that working!
    Nathan
    KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
    K&N Filter
    #45 pilot Jet, #137.5 Main Jet
    OEM Exhaust
    ATK Fork Brace
    LED Dash lights
    Ammeter, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, and Volt Meters

Green Monster Coils
    SS Brake Lines
    Vision 550 Auto Tensioner

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

Thats awesome!! Good luck on getting it running.

I have a boat motor that my mother bought for my father for Christmas back in 1962. It is a 1947 Evinrude 3.3 hp. He took her out in a boat with it on a lake when she was pregnant with my oldest brother and had trouble keeping it running, so it sat was barely if ever used since. I recall it being run in a garbage can of water when I was maybe 8 years old. After that, never. I got it back in about 04 and got it running, took it out on a lake and it ran great. But now I never use it either.
      Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
      80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
      93 GSX600F
      80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
      81 XS1100 Special
      81 CB750 C
      80 CB750 C
      78 XS750

Comment

There are some things we hang on to for no good logical reason, but there is an emotional attachment that can be very powerful. In our minds and hearts we humans have a urge to honor certain things and we do memories. I have some things like that, my fathers 1947 Railroad watch, big gold thing, I almost never pocket it anymore, but I wouldn't part with for a billion bucks. I have a feeling that when that snowblower is running and you take it out the first time, the thought in your mind as you finnish up will be"Well, Granddad, I think we did a good job."
        Ole Jack
        J.D."Jack" Smith
        1980G&S "Halfbreed"
        1978E straight job
        "We the people are the rightful masters of both congress and the courts, not to overthrow the constitution, but to overthrow the men who pervert the constitution." Abraham Lincoln

Life is like a coin, you can choose to spend it any way you wish, but you can only spend it once. Make your choices wisely.

Comment

Working...
        X