House flood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• House flood

In the XS/XJ bike forum, I was asking some questions about my carbs... I just kind of cut it off with no money, house flooded, cya!

To explain, I have a 2 level house with the main floor at ground level with no basement. On the main floor is my Kitchen, Livingroom, front, and rear entry, and one bathroom. Upstairs there is a hallway down the center with 3 bedrooms on the right, and a bathroom, laundry room, Master bedroom, with onsuite bathroom on the left in that order...

The tank on the onsuite bathroom toilet spontaniously cracked. There was no temp. flucuations, Water was pouring out as fast as it could fill up. (There is, according to the insurance adjuster, a class action lawsuit against CRANE toilets for '70-'74 toilets) It soaked into the '70's style shag bathroom carpet floor I haven't got around to replacing since we moved in... Under the wall into my main bathroom, the laundry room, and the master bedroom. Through the floor to the Front entry way downstairs, and into the livingroom.

I have since talked to the insurance, and they sent a restoration company to pull the flooring upstairs, and downstairs, and pull the drywall, and ceiling down stairs. They got this done in a day, and had 6 air movers, and 2 dehumidifiers set up. They were quick to act to avoid mold, but the guys working for the resto. company said they are always quick at first, but it will probably be atleast 3 months before the rebuilding starts...

So now it is a waiting game with my cement, and plywood floors, and 2x4 walls... I am getting all the flooring replaced downstairs, as the front room floor caries down the hall into the bathroom, and kitchen in one peice, and all the flooring except for the hall, and 3 bedroomsis getting replaced upstairs... YAY NO MORE SHAG CARPET BATHROOM!!! We put up a bit of garland up to Christmasify the front room too!
    There are only two types of bikers...
    those that have layed it down, and
    those that have not layed it down...YET!

1982 XJ1100J Maxim (F-Bomb)
    Not going to lie, Brand new at this... thanks for having a bit of patience with dumb questions

Bummer, Kronk. Best wishes for patient endurance while the mess is cleaned up for ya.
    1980 XS 11 Special: The King of Kong, 9th wonder of the world. Pacifico fairing, chopped shield, Yamaha hard bags, Diamond seat, T-Kat fork brace, XJ top end, YICS Eliminator, '80 carbs from Spyder Cycle Works, K&N Air filter, Fuse block, stainless steel valves & reg/rect from Oregon MC Parts. Raptor CCT, XJ air shocks, 850 FD, Sportster mufflers, Standard handle bar, Tusk Bar Risers, SS braided brake lines. Cat Eye speedometer. HID projector beam headlight, LED running lights.

Comment

Heck of a way to get rid of some old carpet!!
      Ken Talbot

Comment

well that sucks, kind of different that you don't have a basement since almost everybody in alberta seems to have one but just the same that sucks big time. hope all goes well with the repairs.
        '79 XS11SF

Comment

Wow, that sucks man. But as ya said at least you get rid of the shag!
          Nathan
          KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
          K&N Filter
          #45 pilot Jet, #137.5 Main Jet
          OEM Exhaust
          ATK Fork Brace
          LED Dash lights
          Ammeter, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, and Volt Meters

Green Monster Coils
          SS Brake Lines
          Vision 550 Auto Tensioner

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

And the water was coming from the tank, not the bowl... could a been a real sh!tty situation
            There are only two types of bikers...
            those that have layed it down, and
            those that have not layed it down...YET!

1982 XJ1100J Maxim (F-Bomb)
            Not going to lie, Brand new at this... thanks for having a bit of patience with dumb questions

Comment

Good Luck and Happy New Year
              Just ME and my 82 XJ 1100. Mac 4>1-2 1/2" open baffle shotgun, no octy, K&N pod filters, LED tail/brake light & directionals, 750 FD mod, Ear Cannon air horn, modified bars and dash. "Motorcyclists are all bound together by a brotherhood tie through their love of the sport, and what difference does it make what machine he rides as long as he belongs to the clan." Walter Davidson, Dec. 1920 edition of Harley-Davidson Enthusiast Magazine http://s851.photobucket.com/albums/ab78/justme1100/

Comment

Working...
              X