Travelcade Saddle Skins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travelcade Saddle Skins

I know this thread could be posted in the product evaluations, but I feel it will be looked at more here.

Ok, my original xs seat developed a tear, not wanting to ride around on a ratty seat I promptly ordered said seat skin..I cannont express how much of a crap product it is..1) it dosen't look like the original, It has a vague similarity but thats about it. 2) It dosent fit..I trimmed about 3/4 of an inch off of the seat foam to make room so it could streatch around the frame..no luck..the thing is still about an inch short at the back of the pan..

summary..I wasted 55 bucks on a crap product that I'll have to replace anyway..avaoid at all costs.

anyone with a different expierence, feel free to post here.
    '80 XS1100sg "MadMax"

Mine is 6 years old, over 30K miles, no problems at all, looked exactly like the original. Best Buy in my opinion. How's that for different? There are literally hundreds of seat variations for XS's. I think you may have a non-stock seat or got the wrong cover. Either that or they are now making crap. Mine was an 80G with stock seat.
    Gary Granger
    Remember, we are the caretakers of mechanical art.
    2013 Suzuki DR650SE, 2009 Kawasaki Concours 1400, 2003 Aprilia RSV Mille Tuono

Comment

not bad

I installed a Travelcade cover on my 79 xs11 Special and it sure is a tight fit. But it looks good. My only complaint is that some of the stiching appears to be coming loose after only 500miles. There are some pistures posted in the pictures thread if you would like to see the cover.
      Walt
      80 XS11s - "Landshark"
      79 XS11s
      03 Valkyrie
      80 XS Midnight Special - Freebee 1
      78 Honda CB125C - Freebee 2
      81 Suzuki 850L - Freebee 3

Comment

I ordered the eexact cover for my bike..as you said It might be that I have a different seat to begin with but it just pisses me off that I just wasted 55 bucks..My guess, they are really chintzing on the older bikes, and their quality has gone down quite a bit.
        '80 XS1100sg "MadMax"

Comment

Either way it stinks!
          Garry
          '79 SF "Battle Cat"
          outbackweld@charter.net

Comment

Working...
          X