$$$$ advice wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $$$$ advice wanted

Ok Gang; here is what is going on. I have a couple of extra header sets around here. One set is stock 78E and the other is I think a MAC set.
    I have another member who is interested in this particular set. He has asked me how much. I am not very good with the whole setting prices thing.
    I am asking the collective here to try to give me a best guess as to what this is worth. I do not want to make a lot here but do not want to give them away either. I also do not want to rip another member off nor insult him with a price that is way out of range.
    Anyone have any input as to what these headers are worth speak up please.
    They seem to be a MAC header as near as I can tell and have some imperfections but over-all are in real nice shape. I almost decided just to keep them once, I cleaned them up a bit. I do have a set of spacers to go with them if needed. If they do not sell to this particular member they may be in the "for sale" area later. Anyways I will post a few pics and you all let me know what you think...ok...Please.
    Oh yeah I should also add that the OD of the exhaust exit is 2.25 inches and the ID measures between 2 and 2.1 inches. I add this info in case it matters as to which mufflers may be available.

Last edited by Rasputin; 12-26-2010, 08:48 PM.
    2-79 XS1100 SF
    2-78 XS1100 E Best bike Ever
    80 XS 1100 SG Big bore kit but not fully running yet.
    Couple of more parts bikes of which 2 more will live!

Don't know what they would be worth but they do look good. You can get a new MAC exhaust for I think its something like 325 though, something to keep in mind.
    Nathan
    KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
    K&N Filter
    #45 pilot Jet, #137.5 Main Jet
    OEM Exhaust
    ATK Fork Brace
    LED Dash lights
    Ammeter, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, and Volt Meters

Green Monster Coils
    SS Brake Lines
    Vision 550 Auto Tensioner

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

I'd pay $150 for them, but no more. Maybe trade them to him for somthing? JAT
      2H7 (79)
      3H3

"If it ain't broke, modify it"

Comment

Oh I should have thought of trades too! I should oughta polish up the set of stock ones I have and see what you guys think they are worth as well. Long story short is the exhaust is getting harder to obtain for these bikes, but so are the interested parties. One can simply bolt an aftermarket muffler to this system as well which is a big part of it's worth. I do appreciate all who answer my call here. Lets hear some more input if you have it guys!!!
        2-79 XS1100 SF
        2-78 XS1100 E Best bike Ever
        80 XS 1100 SG Big bore kit but not fully running yet.
        Couple of more parts bikes of which 2 more will live!

Comment

I suck at pricing too...

I usually try to do something along the lines of what you're doing... then ask him to make you an offer,
          There are only two types of bikers...
          those that have layed it down, and
          those that have not layed it down...YET!

1982 XJ1100J Maxim (F-Bomb)
          Not going to lie, Brand new at this... thanks for having a bit of patience with dumb questions

Comment

They look to be in very good condition .I would think $100.00 to $ 150.00 will be a fair price. They can be matched up with many types of mufflers very easily ,if it's your only spare set I would keep them just incase .
            BDF Special
            80SG Vetter bagger 1196 Wiseco big bore kit, Mega Cycle Cams, slotted cam gears, ported and flowed head, bronze intake seats, Dyno Jet kit, Dyno coils and Mikes XS air pods, Venture cam chain adjuster,Geezer's regulator, Clutch mod, Mac 4 into 1 with custom built and tuned baffle, Oil cooler,MikesXS emulators mod.
            Dyno tuned to 98 hp at the rear wheel.

Comment

MY first line of figuring prices is to look at what stuff is going for on Ebay. If not for our bikes, for another similar vintage bike.

As Nate said, the new MAC system is about 350-400 I think. And you have half a system there. So, I'd go along with the $150 approach form that stand point.

As to setting a fair price or ripping someone off, well, as long as you both agree on the price, and the product meets the expectation being set, then no one is getting ripped off. JMHO.
              Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
              80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
              93 GSX600F
              80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
              81 XS1100 Special
              81 CB750 C
              80 CB750 C
              78 XS750

Comment

Working...
              X