Indian Summer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indian Summer

We used to have 'em, few days of nice warm weather in the fall after weeks of frost. But this is rediculous, 96 F today, too darn hot to ride anywhere or even work on the new bag mounts in the garage. I sure wish I could send some of it to people like Fred in Canada as I see he has put it away for the Winter. LOL Just to "rub it in" some.....
    You can't stay young forever, but you can be immature for the rest of your life...

'78E "Pathfinder" Show bike...
    Lovingly restored by Dave Delzell
    Drilled airbox
    Tkat fork brace
    Hardly mufflers
    late model carbs
    Newer style fuses
    Oil pressure guage
    Custom security system
    Stainless braid brake lines

Been running around 80 in my area. This is getting freaking crazy. And don't tell me it's global warming, that's what they tell me when it's too cold as well. There have always been cycles like this, but I think it's really natures way of showing just how little we actually know about how this planet works. We moved out annual HS riding reunion to may this year because last year it was so hot in june, and we froze our butts off, and got rained on to boot (you know their not typical harley riders (at least not the poser kind) when they don't hesitate to ride in the rain.)
    Cy

1980 XS1100G (Brutus) w/81H Engine
    Duplicolor Mirage Paint Job (Purple/Green)
    Vetter Windjammer IV
    Vetter hard bags & Trunk
    OEM Luggage Rack
    Jardine Spaghetti 4-2 exhaust system
    Spade Fuse Box
    Turn Signal Auto Cancel Mod
    750 FD Mod
    TC Spin on Oil Filter Adapter (temp removed)
    XJ1100 Front Footpegs
    XJ1100 Shocks

I was always taught to respect my elders, but it keeps getting harder to find one.

Comment

Weather

50F here. Just got in from a ride around the Island on the SV1000S.
      Tomorrow I will ride about 75 miles on Yami down to Victoria BC.
      The full fairing Yami is a lot warmer to ride.
      But the front window is still too large. Will change it so I can see over the top. Visibility is not good when it is frosted over in the morning.
      I am hoping to ride until at least mid December, and start again in late February. Better still is to ride right through the winter. We will find out.

Crusty

Comment

I feel the pain for you guys having to park up for the winter
        Here i can ride 365 days of the year... worst we might get is 4" snow on a bad year,
        The privalige in living in the beast bike riding country in the world!
        Every visiting biker who tours our roads wants to come back for more
        Many move here to live just because of the roads
        http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q...e/DSC00009.jpg
        1980 XS1100 Std English Assembled, 378k miles
        In stock untouched contion.
        http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q...e/seatside.jpg
        1979 XS1100F Std NZ new,
        Mikes XS coils
        Jardine 4-1
        Pod filters
        Harley Davidson Rear Fender
        Bullet signal lights
        Twin 75mm headlights
        Self made single seat

Comment

I hear you Planedick its 102 in chula vista today for once I am glad to be at work our AC works awesome
          91 kwaka kz1000p
          Stock

( Insert clever quote here )

Comment

great white north

yeah i hear you guys!!!! only its soon below zero here now in the GWN and snow is forecast soon i envy year round riding ,,but i love the changing seasons more,, so ride on while we slumber under a blanket of white,, it makes those first warm days of spring worth waiting for ! ride safe all ,,slow mo!
            The Belfast Express {1980 xs11oo special/TC fuse box/mikes xs pods/bad boy horn!/mikes green coils/mac 4 into 2 exhaust/ standard bars/vetter fairing c/w ipod CD iphone am/fm radio/tkat fork brace ,,,tuned by tinman
            moemcnally@hotmail.com
            i AM THE KING OF NOTHING

the people here are great , doesn't matter about the bike really/hamjam ////

Comment

Originally posted by subike View Post
              I feel the pain for you guys having to park up for the winter
              Here i can ride 365 days of the year... worst we might get is 4" snow on a bad year,
              The privalige in living in the beast bike riding country in the world!
              Every visiting biker who tours our roads wants to come back for more
              Many move here to live just because of the roads
              Tenakoe eh hoa.
              I think your weather is probably similar to what we get on Vancouver Island which is the warmest place in Canada in the winter.
              Furthest South for me was Wellington. Lake Taupo and North is the area I know best.
              Kia tupato te haere.

Crusty

Comment

Originally posted by Crusty Snippets View Post
                Tenakoe eh hoa.
                I think your weather is probably similar to what we get on Vancouver Island which is the warmest place in Canada in the winter.
                Furthest South for me was Wellington. Lake Taupo and North is the area I know best.
                Kia tupato te haere.

Crusty
                so you would miss the Coromandle loop,
                the Rumatakas and the Hidden high way

Me I like Tataka hill, and the West coast from wesport to the Hasst

As an ex-kiwi, you should join this, http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz ,
                if you had riding buddies in NZ they may be members
                Last edited by subike; 11-03-2010, 10:19 PM.
                http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q...e/DSC00009.jpg
                1980 XS1100 Std English Assembled, 378k miles
                In stock untouched contion.
                http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q...e/seatside.jpg
                1979 XS1100F Std NZ new,
                Mikes XS coils
                Jardine 4-1
                Pod filters
                Harley Davidson Rear Fender
                Bullet signal lights
                Twin 75mm headlights
                Self made single seat

Comment

Tanj

Originally posted by planedick View Post
                  We used to have 'em, few days of nice warm weather in the fall after weeks of frost. But this is ridiculous, 96 F today, too darn hot to ride anywhere or even work on the new bag mounts in the garage. I sure wish I could send some of it to people like Fred in Canada as I see he has put it away for the Winter. LOL Just to "rub it in" some.....
                  Hi Dick,
                  just so long as you can't ride, that's fine. Misery loves company, eh?
                  My son & I winterized and parked our sidecar rigs last week with an inch of new snow on the ground.
                  Today the roads are dry, it's 17ÂșC and he's riding his XS650 solo bike up to the lake to visit a young lady.
                  TANJ!
                  (That's Larry Niven's 4-letter word that's OK to print, it stands for "There Ain't No Justice")
                  Fred Hill, S'toon
                  XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
                  "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

Working...
                  X