Which Browser do you use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Browser do you use?

If you use something other than these choices let us know here.

I've been using Netscape forever and I'm still using V4.5. Never warmed up to Explorer as much, but I do have V5.0 on my computer. Turns out that between the two, IE is much faster to use on the forum. So, here I rely on it and use Netscape for everything else.

FWIW,

Bill
    Maine
    Bill K.
    1985 Yamaha XJ700 Maxim
    1986 Yamaha FZX700 Fazer

Comment

I used to be a fanatical Netscape user/supporter. But they fell apart as a company even before AOL bought them. I HATED IE until version 5. Now with v5.5 and v6 I'm very happy. I probably like 5.5 a little more than 6 because it seems slightly more stable. But that could also just be my machine.

Comment

Who voted other? What is it?

Comment

I find that Opera is much faster, there are a few (not many) sites that I visit where Opera doesn't behave 100%, but those are in the minority...

I will not use IE unless like at work, there is no choice. although it is only to log in to the corporate website that I need it... For everything else, I use Opera, and if I run into any wierd issues, I will use Netscape V4.7x never 6.x.
          Keyboard not found, hit <F1> to continue

Comment

I'm using Mozilla 1.0 Build 2002053012
            Steve Warren Lawrenceville GA
            http://home.attbi.com/~stevewarren/
            2002 VF750C
            1977 GL1000 CWC#449

Comment

After Chris' recommendation I loaded Opera. I haven't had time to explore its unique features, but it does seem to work well with the forums. Not sure if it's any better than IE, but way better than Netscape here.

I still like Netscape, but it's handicapped in this environment. With forums becoming so popular, I imagine the development guys will address this problem.

Bill
              Bill K.
              1985 Yamaha XJ700 Maxim
              1986 Yamaha FZX700 Fazer

Comment

Most people don't know this but Netscape 4.x is way buggy when it comes to CSS (Cascading style sheets). CSS is very common (and very appropriate) coding these days. We used to insist people use Netscape at work but because of these problems we don't and are starting to tell people NOT to use it. Netscape is still too shaky to recommend (according to some/most people at work)

Comment

this is an interesting thread. might explain why the forum is sooooo slooooow for me. (netscape4.7)

would this also tie in to my inability to view/use the classifieds, JP?

gawd, i hate the idea of switching between IE and 'scrape. i have no loyalty to either, they are both junk progs, IMNSHO. i just like the idea of NOT using a microjunk prog a TEENY TINY bit more than NOT using AOL.

i have tried to DL opera in the past, but SOMEhow my netscape always delivers a corrupted file... tsk, tsk, aMAZing coincidence!

anyway, considering a change here...
                  - dan
                  - thinker57@lycos.com
                  - SF/H/E/HD "Stray Bullet"

Comment

Originally posted by dan alexander
                    this is an interesting thread. might explain why the forum is sooooo slooooow for me. (netscape4.7)

would this also tie in to my inability to view/use the classifieds, JP?
                    Maybe. Netscape is the browser nobody wants to write webpages for because it's so broken. You might try Opera. It's free.

Comment

Trying Opera Now

I have just downloaded Opera per this threads recomendation. And I have to say I like it so far. It has lots-o-nice features. My work requires i keep using IE for work stuff but im going to keep testing this one for my own shtuf.
                      [b][size=4][font=times][color=#BD0062]Wayne[/color][/font][/size][/b]
                      [b][size=4][font=times][color=#095de5]TeXSive forever[/color][/font][/size][/b]
                      The best alarm clock is sunshine on chrome.

Comment

Wow, this is surprising. We've got 150 members and only 32 have voted in this poll. I would have thought more would vote.

Comment

Put up a sticky in all forums to vote on the poll...It has been veiwed over 100 times...maybe if they knew we use this info to make the forums better.

Gary
                          Gary Granger
                          Remember, we are the caretakers of mechanical art.
                          2013 Suzuki DR650SE, 2009 Kawasaki Concours 1400, 2003 Aprilia RSV Mille Tuono

Comment

good idea

Comment

netscape

I use Netscape 6.2. It works great with this forum. I haven't had any problems, but maybe I'm not knowledgable enough to see them?
                              80 XS11 Special

Comment

Working...
                              X