• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Funny- May be a repost

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=218...d=S0001&ref=nf

$2,80000
    MANLIEST BIKE ON EARTH!!!
    Salt lake city, UT 84106 - Aug 17, 2010
    OK, let me start off by saying this 2001 V-Star is only available for purchase by the manliest of men (or women). My friend, if it was possible for a bike to sprout chest hair and a five o'clock shadow, this Yamaha would look like Tom Selleck. It is just that manly.

It was never intended to drive to the mall so you can pick up that adorable shirt at Abercrombie & Fitch that you had your eye on. It wasn't meant to transport you to yoga class or Linens & Things. No, that's what your Honda Rebel is for. If that's the kind of bike you're looking for, then just do us all a favor and stop reading right now. I mean it. Just stop.

This hog was engineered by 3rd degree ninja super-warriors in the highest mountains of Japan to serve the needs of the man that cheats death on a daily basis. They didn't even consider superfluous nancy boy amenities like navigation systems (real men don't get lost), heated leather seats (a real man doesn't let anything warm his butt), or On Star (real men don't even know what On Star is).

No, this brute comes with the things us testosterone-fueled super action junkies need. It has an 1100 cc engine and attached hyper-charger to outrun the cops. It's got special blood/gore resistant bolt-on saddle-bags. The VStar also has a custom paint-job with a light house on it. That's right, a light house!

It has room for you and the hottie you picked up on the way to the gym to blast your pecs and hammer your glutes. There's a tow hitch to pull your 50 caliber anti-Taliban, self cooling vulcan cannon machine gun. It has a rebuilt title and is missing a windshield though after having been shot out by The Man.

My price on this bad boy is an incredibly low $2,800, but I'll entertain reasonable offers. And by reasonable, I mean don't walk up and tell me you'll give me $750 for it. That's liable to earn you a Burmese-roundhouse-sphincter-kick with a follow up three fingered eye-jab. Would it hurt? Oh yeah. Let's just say you won't be the prettiest guy at the Coldplay concert anymore.

There's only 44,650 miles on this two-wheeled hellcat from Planet Krypton. Trust me, it will outlive you and the offspring that will carry your name. It will live on as a monument to your machismo.

Now, go look in the mirror and tell me what you see. If it's a rugged, no holds barred, super brute he-man macho Chuck Norris stunt double, then contact me. I might be out hang-gliding or BASE jumping or just chilling with my ladies, but I'll get back to you. And when I do, we'll talk about a price over a nice glass of Schmidt while we listen to Johnny Cash.

Rock on.
    Current Rides: '82 XJ w/Jardine 4-1's, GIVI flyscreen, '97 Triumph Trophy 1200
    Former Rides: '71 CB350, '78 400 Hawk, '75 CB550/4;
    while in Japan: '86 KLR250, '86 VT250Z, '86 XL600R, '82 CB450(Hawk II), '96 750 Nighthawk, '96 BMW F650

I saw that add on KSL. I stopped reading it after the first line. V-Stars are decent bikes but manly... Its just a bike, besides my wife thinks the V-Stars are pretty(its the bike that she wants when the xj dies or we get rich).
    Ty

78 XS1100E - Now in Minnesota
    80 XS1100LG - The Punisher
    82 XJ1100 - Current project - The Twins
    82 XJ1100 - Wife's Bike - The Twins
    82 XJ1100 - Daughter's Bike
    72 Suzuki TS125 - Daughter's Bike
    72 Yamaha Mini JT2 - Youngest Daughter's bike (She wants a bigger one now)

Comment

It would have been a better ad if the owner hadn't gotten his gay friend to write the 'manly' copy...
      Fast, Cheap, Reliable... Pick any two

'78E original owner - resto project
      '78E ???? owner - Modder project FJ forks, 4-piston calipers F/R, 160/80-16 rear tire
      '82 XJ rebuild project
      '80SG restified, red SOLD
      '79F parts...
      '81H more parts...

Other current bikes:
      '93 XL1200 Anniversary Sportster 85RWHP
      '86 XL883/1200 Chopper
      '82 XL1000 w/1450cc Buell, Baker 6-speed, in-progress project
      Cage: '13 Mustang GT/CS with a few 'custom' touches
      Yep, can't leave nuthin' alone...

Comment

That's so stupid its not even funny anymore. Some people try so hard they just fail...
        Nathan
        KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
        K&N Filter
        #45 pilot Jet, #137.5 Main Jet
        OEM Exhaust
        ATK Fork Brace
        LED Dash lights
        Ammeter, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, and Volt Meters

Green Monster Coils
        SS Brake Lines
        Vision 550 Auto Tensioner

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

There was another ad in the same classifieds sometime back for a mountain bike that was written along the same lines. It was funnier the first time.
          Check it:

Mountain Man's Bike for Sale
          Salt Lake City, UT 84108 - May 17, 2010
          Mountain Man’s Bike for Sale

I am a mountain man. You are probably not a mountain man, but, you wish you were. This bike is your ticket to two things: 1- Mountains and 2- Being a man.

I ride this bike everyday. Not for fun or sport like the spandex boys, but to hunt and kill food. I know for a fact that this bike will jump over canyons, climb trees, kill bears, and forge rivers. The bike has ridden every part of the Wasatch from top to bottom. This bike won’t break. It’s half carbon fiber and half bad-ass. Some guy told me this bike is a piece of history. I thought it was new this year, but I also thought it was still 1998. Apparently it is 2010 and time flies when you live in a cave.

The bike says K2 pro-flex 4000 on the side of it. I don’t know what that means. It probably means it can kill an elephant. The bike is red, so the blood won’t show on it. The tires are knobby so you can pedal straight up a cliff. It has shocks on the front and the back for when you jump off the cliff. The stuff on it all says “Shimano XT”. I’m pretty sure that is because it was cursed once by an indian medicine man named Shimano. The guy was a jack-ass. He tried to steal some of my stuff so I bit off his left ear.

The bike has a chain that I use to kill rattle snakes sometimes. It also has a seat. I don’t use it, but you probably will for the first few years until you build up the muscle. I also installed a shotgun holder on the bike that conveniently fits a water bottle.

If you have questions about the bike, don’t bother calling me. If you don’t understand how tough the bike is, I probably won’t be able to help you.

If you want to buy the bike, then I will take american cash. I need to send some money to a very important man who emailed me from nigeria so I need the cash quick.

The Bike is a Man's L-XL. It is roughly a 20" frame. The geometry is such that it feels good to a wide range of riders from 5' 10" - 6' 2".
          Current Rides: '82 XJ w/Jardine 4-1's, GIVI flyscreen, '97 Triumph Trophy 1200
          Former Rides: '71 CB350, '78 400 Hawk, '75 CB550/4;
          while in Japan: '86 KLR250, '86 VT250Z, '86 XL600R, '82 CB450(Hawk II), '96 750 Nighthawk, '96 BMW F650

Comment

Hilarous

I think both of those are hilarious - If I needed either of those I'd buy from them just because you'd have a laugh when purchasing. Thx for sharing both of those - you made my day better. - Dan
            '81 XS1100 LH - Midnight Special - been lookin' a long time for this one.
            1179 big bore kit, 80SG motor
            Rebuilt head, valves
            TC Bros Forward Controls (Brass Pegs)
            Tkat Fork Brace
            T.C. Spade Fuse Box
            Dyna Coils & wires
            Mikesxs shocks,controls,& bars (special)
            ISO grips with stelleto ends
            4 into 1 black Bassani exhaust
            Bridgestone Spitfires
            Tuned by Tinman905
            & a will to keep it.

Comment

Working...
            X