No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greetings from Toowoomba, Australia.

I may well utilize this forum in the future, been lurking for the last few days.
    Been hunting around for a bike from my youth LOL.

I loved my XS100, had a 78 E model 30 years ago. Also a few others like the GT 750 Waterbus. I'm looking at a 78E with 26K kms on the clock very soon, this coming Monday or Wednesday.

http://www.bikepoint.com.au/all-bike...cs=2&silo=1400

Talked to the gent last night for over an hour and it has a good history, brought a tear to my eye. It won the Castrol 6 hour in its class, the race was a famous race over here, and it didn't have the chain modification, ran with the shaft drive.

Then it sat in a dealer’s show room for 12+ years. He bought it rode it and then mothballed it for 7 years. Spent $7500 on the engine and gearbox not that long ago.

Cosmetically it's a tiny bit rough and he said it's running a bit rough when cold. The mufflers rusted out and since the 4-1 he installed, hasn't had it tuned.

There’s a bit of alloy corrosion on things, and a tiny bit of rust in some chrome.

Has all the original tools, and the specials, the dip stick for the diff, foot peg retainer when using the emg kick start, owners and workshop manual.

The bike would be perfect for me, as a running, registered project bike.

My current bike is an 06 Gen 2, FJR 1300, love the bike.

See you on the forum
    Cheers
    Ken
    Toowoomba
    Australia

78 XS 1100 E
    FJR 1300

Hi Ken and welcome,
    the photos look good and I wish you joy of it.
    BTW, my son Eric spent 2 years in Australia recently and he reckons that Australians pay twice the Canadian price for used bikes.
    The sticker price on yours bears him out.
    Fred Hill, S'toon
    XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
    "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

Originally posted by fredintoon View Post
      d he reckons that Australians pay twice the Canadian price for used bikes.
      The sticker price on yours bears him out.
      Thanks,
      Take the FJR, it's US15500 over there and Aus$27,000 over here.
      I even sent Yamaha Australia an email about that.

Most of our forum members here buy from the states, it's about 4 times the price here on OEM parts. Normally buy from Zanotti's.

Cheers
      Ken
      Toowoomba
      Australia

78 XS 1100 E
      FJR 1300

Comment

Hi Ken, welcome aboard. The bike looks good and 4k seems like a good price for what you'll get. Lots of good info to be had here, enjoy. BTW I spent a couple of days in Toowoomba doing some family research on my last visit acroos the ditch. I liked the place but there was no RSL club, whats up with that. It's the only place in Aus i've been that didnt have one.

Fred, if you think the bike is expensive check what this tosser wants for a bit of plastic... http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Mo...-321421722.htm
        1980 SG. (Sold - waiting on replacement)
        2000 XJR1300. The Real modern XS11. Others are just pretenders.

Woman (well, my wife anyway) are always on Transmit and never Receive.

"A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be" Albert Einstien.

Comment

Not for sale

Originally posted by b.walker5 View Post
          Fred, if you think the bike is expensive check what this tosser wants for a bit of plastic... http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Mo...-321421722.htm
          Hi Brian,
          yeah "buy it now" for $75, eh? Seems a lot for something one could make out of a plastic pie plate.
          OTOH, I did find this $30 NOS gem at a swapmeet:-

I'm keeping it against the day mine gets damaged, which with my luck will be the day after I sell it.
          Fred Hill, S'toon
          XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
          "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

Working...
          X