BLASTED Microsoft come and go "free" services

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BLASTED Microsoft come and go "free" services

I have been informed that MSN spaces will soon no longer exist. They, MSN spaces, is instructed me to sign up with Wordpress.com for what I think is the free basic account. Wordpress was to import everything from my MSN Spaces site as part of the process. I did the switch and it made a mess of everything. Photos are all mixed up and or misplaced, the format of the blogs was lost and options for layout and formatting at this new place are not as complex so the thing just looks like SH*T. You likely have to PAY for an upgrade if you want to be creative.
    I think I am simply going to delete the whole thing and never set anything like it up again. I spent too many winter hours creating the blogs about the XS1100 and my bikes to have the service provider dump it all and mess it up. It's just too much time and effort that again proved to be all for not.
    These outfits / sites add and remove their services pretty much on a whim and anyone who has time invested ... OH Well ...
    If I do get bored enough in the dead of this coming winter and set it back up, It will be on paid for space that I decide the fate of.
    MAN I'M PISSED OFF
    Rob
    KEEP THE RUBBER SIDE DOWN

1978 XS1100E Modified
    1978 XS500E
    1979 XS1100F Restored
    1980 XS1100 SG
    1981 Suzuki GS1100
    1983 Suzuki GS750S Katana
    1983 Honda CB900 Custom

What about something like xanga or blogspot? I loved reading through you posts. I actually found your xs blog before I found this place!
    Nathan
    KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
    K&N Filter
    #45 pilot Jet, #137.5 Main Jet
    OEM Exhaust
    ATK Fork Brace
    LED Dash lights
    Ammeter, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, and Volt Meters

Green Monster Coils
    SS Brake Lines
    Vision 550 Auto Tensioner

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

I've always used yahoo's paid "Small Business" service ($8.25/mo), so I get my own domain with email addresses, and I control everything about it. It comes with FTP capability and I use Frontpage to build it, then upload it when I'm ready. I've used it for about 7 years with no problem.
      1980 XS850SG - Sold
      1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
      Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
      Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
      -H. Ford

Comment

Originally posted by CatatonicBug View Post
        I've always used yahoo's paid "Small Business" service ($8.25/mo), so I get my own domain with email addresses, and I control everything about it. It comes with FTP capability and I use Frontpage to build it, then upload it when I'm ready. I've used it for about 7 years with no problem.
        Is that site easy to use or do I have to have in depth knowledge on web page building?
        Rob
        KEEP THE RUBBER SIDE DOWN

1978 XS1100E Modified
        1978 XS500E
        1979 XS1100F Restored
        1980 XS1100 SG
        1981 Suzuki GS1100
        1983 Suzuki GS750S Katana
        1983 Honda CB900 Custom

Comment

Originally posted by 79XS11F View Post
          Is that site easy to use or do I have to have in depth knowledge on web page building?
          Rob
          They actually have built-in tools you can use to create a site, and those are super simple. I started that way myself. The formats are rather plain, but they work just fine. Then, I did some additional research, and learned how to use Frontpage, so I built my site offline, then uploaded it once I was ready to switch over.
          1980 XS850SG - Sold
          1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
          Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
          Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
          -H. Ford

Comment

Working...
          X