Sectret Project Teaser...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sectret Project Teaser...

Some may remember (some may have lives and not ), a while back in my LED headlight thread I mentioned a 'secret project'. While progress has been RIDICULOUSLY slow, I got the part in the mail yesterday and thought I would show off a 'teaser.' If you look in the upper left corner you can see my poor attempt at making the Rising Sun.

'81 XS1100 SH

Melted to the ground during The Valley Fire

Sep. 12th 2015

RIP

So what are you trying to do? LED headlight?
    Nathan
    KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
    K&N Filter
    #45 pilot Jet, #137.5 Main Jet
    OEM Exhaust
    ATK Fork Brace
    LED Dash lights
    Ammeter, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, and Volt Meters

Green Monster Coils
    SS Brake Lines
    Vision 550 Auto Tensioner

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

Ghost Rider?

Yeah......I figure we'll know when your headlight project is up and running: Hospitals reporting an unusual spike in the number of people with retinal BURNs.

I'm going with some form of "keyless" ignition system. Either Digital Wireless FM or possibly an IR like a remote control.

Push Button: An otherwise "normal" XS starts up and Idles with no rider to be seen.

You GOTTA have this done before Halloween.

Comment

Whatever it Takes...

No No...Wait!!

I change my guess:

It's a Tail light Red LED arrangement that Flashes "XS 1100" when you put on the brakes.

Or Maybe Your Wife/Girlfriend's Name??

Comment

Originally posted by Larrym View Post
          No No...Wait!!

I change my guess:

It's a Tail light Red LED arrangement that Flashes "XS 1100" when you put on the brakes.

Or Maybe Your Wife/Girlfriend's Name??
          I actually did have the XS11 brake/tail planned at one point. My wife says I have an LED addiction. I'll have to get the kitchen remodel pics taken and posted one of these days and show off my favorite part...DIY Warm White under cabinet lighting.
          '81 XS1100 SH

Melted to the ground during The Valley Fire

Sep. 12th 2015

RIP

Comment

Working...
          X