Coolest Credit Card Ever!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coolest Credit Card Ever!

Needed to pull out the plastic the other day and realized the card was expired. Normally, I would have just called them up and talked to a rep about getting a new one sent to me, but it was 5am. So, I got on the website and was looking for the 'order a replacement card' type of link and saw one about adding your own pic. So, I did.

'81 XS1100 SH

Melted to the ground during The Valley Fire

Sep. 12th 2015

RIP

Only way that could be cooler is with the speedo sitting at bug 2.0 and the tach at about 7.5K! Good find there, Lee..
    Ken Talbot

Comment

For any concerned, that's not my card number or name.
      '81 XS1100 SH

Sep. 12th 2015

RIP

Comment

Ya, cardholder would be an odd last name. I didn't notice that part.
        Rob
        KEEP THE RUBBER SIDE DOWN

1978 XS1100E Modified
        1978 XS500E
        1979 XS1100F Restored
        1980 XS1100 SG
        1981 Suzuki GS1100
        1983 Suzuki GS750S Katana
        1983 Honda CB900 Custom

Comment

LOL
          I was wondering why Ken was calling you Lee...

BUT... VERY cool card, indeed!
          I might actually carry a credit card if I had done something like that...
          81 SH Something Special
          81 frame, 80 tank and side covers, 79 tail light and carbs, 78 engine, 750 final drive mod, Geezer rec/reg, 140 mains, LH wheels

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
          81SH Nor'eas tah (Old Red)
          80 LG Black Magic
          78 E Standard Practice

James 3:17

If I can make at least one person smile, or pee their pants a little, or maybe spit out their drink; then my day is not wasted.

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
          For those on FB

Comment

That is pretty sweet!
            Nathan
            KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
            K&N Filter
            #45 pilot Jet, #137.5 Main Jet
            OEM Exhaust
            ATK Fork Brace
            LED Dash lights
            Ammeter, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, and Volt Meters

Green Monster Coils
            SS Brake Lines
            Vision 550 Auto Tensioner

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

Bah, humbug!

Originally posted by 81xsproject View Post
              - - - I got on the website and was looking for the 'order a replacement card' type of link and saw one about adding your own pic. So, I did - - -
              Hi XS,
              channeling Ebenezer Scrooge, here.
              The best credit card has a zero balance.
              The best picture is down a flushing toilet with the card's interest rate photoshopped onto the swirling water.
              And watch Capital One, skip 2 payments in half a year by as little as a day and their interest rate jumps by 19%
              Fred Hill, S'toon
              XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
              "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

And watch Capital One, skip 2 payments in half a year by as little as a day and their interest rate jumps by 19%
                Actually, Fred, it's worse than that.
                I always get junk mail from my credit card companies... I never read their crap.
                Well, somewhere in the crap that Capitol One sent me... that I didn't read... was some update or policy change rules or something. The gist of the letter was... "If you don't respond to these changes by such and such date, we'll boost your interest rate to 19%, etc." (I found this out after I called them and said, "Hey, my interest rate jumped to 19%!" Previously, it was something like 7%)
                I bitched and got them to drop it down to 11% for "six months" and after that runs out, I'll bitch again for my old rate and cancel if I don't get it back.

Not that I care... I rarely use the card and have zero balance anyway, it's just the idea behind the interest rate change that got me pissed.

Though, I do like the possibilities of personal designs.

"Damn it Jim, I'm a doctor, not a mechanic!' ('Bones' McCoy)

Comment

Yeah, I got something similar from our credit card company as well.

We thank you for being a valued customer. To reward you for you patronage, we are lowering your credit limit and raising your interest rate. If you do not agree with these changes, simply submit your request in writing and we will gladly cancel your account.

We never use the card anyway, so it wasn't a major thing... but still

By the way Prom, nice pic

Say hello to Scout
                  81 SH Something Special
                  81 frame, 80 tank and side covers, 79 tail light and carbs, 78 engine, 750 final drive mod, Geezer rec/reg, 140 mains, LH wheels

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
                  80 LG Black Magic
                  78 E Standard Practice

If I can make at least one person smile, or pee their pants a little, or maybe spit out their drink; then my day is not wasted.

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
                  For those on FB

Comment

I like Scout... she's cool.
                    (It's that Bob Ewell that makes me want to sharpen my knife.)
                    "Damn it Jim, I'm a doctor, not a mechanic!' ('Bones' McCoy)

Comment

Magic Roadway

I like the way the "15-Mph School Zone" sign and the actual crosswalk was photo-shopped out of the picture.

Good attention to detail. Seamless, IMO.

Comment

I have 2 credit cards the wife and I use, have an american express that I get anywere between 1 and 5 % cash back on all purchases and then and Visa I get 1% cash back on all purchases. Everything goes on those each month. End of month pay them off. Its not any different then if I were to use cash or check. And this way I get some of my money back at the end of the year. Its basically free money for me (well really her usually)! Pay them off each month and the interest rate does not matter. Only buy things you have money for!

http://www.hulu.com/watch/1389/satur...dont-buy-stuff
                        Nathan
                        KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
                        K&N Filter
                        OEM Exhaust
                        ATK Fork Brace
                        LED Dash lights

Green Monster Coils
                        SS Brake Lines

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

From what I gather, everyone I have talked to says the same thing. Right before they passed the credit bill, everyone's rates went through the roof. Probably not a coincidence. I decided to say 'screw you' right back and payed the balance down to 0. It has remained there since. However, I do it keep it active. You never know what kind of curve ball life will through at you and it is nice to know that there is a 10k safety net.
                          '81 XS1100 SH

Sep. 12th 2015

RIP

Comment

From what I gather, everyone I have talked to says the same thing. Right before they passed the credit bill, everyone\'s rates went through the roof. Probably not a coincidence. I decided to say \'screw you\' right back and payed the balance down to 0. It has remained there since. However, I do it keep it active. You never know what kind of curve ball life will through at you and it is nice to know that there is a 10k safety net.
                            I will agree with that!
                            Nathan
                            KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
                            K&N Filter
                            OEM Exhaust
                            ATK Fork Brace
                            LED Dash lights

Green Monster Coils
                            SS Brake Lines

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by natemoen View Post
                              I have 2 credit cards the wife and I use, have an american express that I get anywere between 1 and 5 % cash back on all purchases and then and Visa I get 1% cash back on all purchases. Everything goes on those each month. End of month pay them off. Its not any different then if I were to use cash or check. And this way I get some of my money back at the end of the year. Its basically free money for me (well really her usually)! Pay them off each month and the interest rate does not matter. Only buy things you have money for!
                              I have a card with the cash back deal too... that's not a bad idea at all.

You never know what kind of curve ball life will through at you and it is nice to know that there is a 10k safety net.
                              +1 on that!
                              That's the ONLY reason we keep our cards... although I think Nate might be onto something...
                              81 SH Something Special

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
                              80 LG Black Magic
                              78 E Standard Practice

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
                              For those on FB

Comment

Working...
                              X