Raced a stallion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raced a stallion

Man the great things that happen when you ride a bike. Last Friday (couldn't of been a better day for this) on the way home from work. All summer when I leave work just out of town I come around a corner up a hill & it flatens out to a 100 acre pasture with the long side on my side where I go by there has been a mare & foul there - no bigger. Well last friday when I went home they were gone an when I come up along the field in the beginning of it and off to the side is a huge stallion (almost an appalosa or perdheron colored kind) it takes off along side the fence just looking at me the whole time with its head turned. Of course I slowed down & it made it to almost the corner of the lot at me stop sign before it stopped & stared at me - of course I stopped too (not alot of traffice in the country) & reved the engine - it pawed the ground. Just then a car goes by in the other lane with a girl in it smiling ear to ear. I'm sure she seen it all. Well I thank the motorcyle gods and went to my stop corner. Did my left hand turn & headed home with the coolest feeling. Oh yeah - yesterday when I left for home after work I slowed doen again for the dude, he just stood there & pawed the ground. I guess he figures he can't catch 'the steel horse" - what a rush - Dan
    '81 XS1100 LH - Midnight Special - been lookin' a long time for this one.
    1179 big bore kit, 80SG motor
    Rebuilt head, valves
    TC Bros Forward Controls (Brass Pegs)
    Tkat Fork Brace
    T.C. Spade Fuse Box
    Dyna Coils & wires
    Mikesxs shocks,controls,& bars (special)
    ISO grips with stelleto ends
    4 into 1 black Bassani exhaust
    Bridgestone Spitfires
    Tuned by Tinman905
    & a will to keep it.

hey dan!

yer living the dream up there on the big island ! i envy you ,,well maybe one day! but we will see you at the camp ,,MAN O MANITOULIN! yerbro ,,mo ,,ride safe my friend !slow mo!
    The Belfast Express {1980 xs11oo special/TC fuse box/mikes xs pods/bad boy horn!/mikes green coils/mac 4 into 2 exhaust/ standard bars/vetter fairing c/w ipod CD iphone am/fm radio/tkat fork brace ,,,tuned by tinman
    moemcnally@hotmail.com
    i AM THE KING OF NOTHING

the people here are great , doesn't matter about the bike really/hamjam ////

Comment

Awesome!!!
      There are only two types of bikers...
      those that have layed it down, and
      those that have not layed it down...YET!

1982 XJ1100J Maxim (F-Bomb)
      Not going to lie, Brand new at this... thanks for having a bit of patience with dumb questions

Comment

Go back and stop...walk over to the fence and see if he'll come to you...you might just give him a pat...I'm sure he'd like that...sounds like two of a kind

Comment

That's a great story.

Thanks

Comment

Sure Dan. go ahead and pull an extra 84 horses out on the poor dude!!

That would be an awesome experience. thanks for sharing!!
            Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
            80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
            93 GSX600F
            80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
            81 XS1100 Special
            81 CB750 C
            80 CB750 C
            78 XS750

Comment

Originally posted by NYPD View Post
              Go back and stop...walk over to the fence and see if he'll come to you...you might just give him a pat...I'm sure he'd like that...sounds like two of a kind

Either that or maybe he'll remove a couple fingers instead

mro

Comment

That's very cool!

Thanks for posting that... definitely brought a smile.
                81 SH Something Special
                81 frame, 80 tank and side covers, 79 tail light and carbs, 78 engine, 750 final drive mod, Geezer rec/reg, 140 mains, LH wheels

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
                81SH Nor'eas tah (Old Red)
                80 LG Black Magic
                78 E Standard Practice

James 3:17

If I can make at least one person smile, or pee their pants a little, or maybe spit out their drink; then my day is not wasted.

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
                For those on FB

Comment

If you can manage, snap a picture of that mighty stallion behind the fence standing next to your bike.

Great story, thanks for sharing.
                  '79 XS11 F
                  Stock except K&N

'79 XS11 SF
                  Stock, no title.

'84 Chevy K-10 "Big Blue"
                  GM 350, Muncie SM465, NP208, GM 10 Bolt with 3.42gears turnin 31x10.5 Baja Claws

"What they do have is an implacable, unrelenting presence and movement that bespeaks massive power lurking behind paint and chrome. They don't wail like a screeching ninja, the don't rumble like a harley. They just growl like a spactic, stressed out badger waiting to rip your face off and eat your soul." Trainzz~RIP~

Comment

What an awesome experience!! Hope I live that kind of experience while riding one day. Very cool.
                    1980G Standard, Restored
                    Kerker 4 - 1
                    850 Rear End Mod
                    2-21 Flashing LED Arrays on either side of license plate for Brake Light Assist, 1100 Lumen Cree Aux Lights,
                    Progressive springs, Showa rear shocks
                    Automatic CCT
                    1980GH Special, Restored
                    Stock Exhaust, New Handlebars, 1" Spacer in Fork Springs, Automatic CCT, Showa Rear Shocks
                    '82 XJ1100 (Sold)
                    Automatic CCT, RC Engineering 4 X 1 Exhaust, K&N Pods, #50 Pilot Jets, YICS Eliminator. Sorely missed.

Comment

Originally posted by mro View Post
                      Either that or maybe he'll remove a couple fingers instead

mro
                      If your smart you wont put a hand near his mouth

Comment

Horse is gone back home

They pulled him out on the wknd - He must be back at some farm. The pasture is empty now. Oh well, maybe our paths will cross again. I know I'll remember him. - Dan
                        '81 XS1100 LH - Midnight Special - been lookin' a long time for this one.
                        1179 big bore kit, 80SG motor
                        Rebuilt head, valves
                        TC Bros Forward Controls (Brass Pegs)
                        Tkat Fork Brace
                        T.C. Spade Fuse Box
                        Dyna Coils & wires
                        Mikesxs shocks,controls,& bars (special)
                        ISO grips with stelleto ends
                        4 into 1 black Bassani exhaust
                        Bridgestone Spitfires
                        Tuned by Tinman905
                        & a will to keep it.

Comment

Working...
                        X