Rodia helmet on Ebay $38.95

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rodia helmet on Ebay $38.95

I have not heard of Rodia before. Anyone else heard of them? Moto Direct is selling them on Ebay for $38.95. Supposedly a $90 helmet. DOT approved. Fiberglass outer shell, removable washable interior, neck pad, clear face shield.

Is fiberglass good or not so good? I know very little about helmets. My current helmet is almost 30 years old. I think it is time for a new one. This Rodia is cheap. I just wonder if it is junk or not? I will try to attach a link.

Ebay Rodia helmet
    97 Vmax, 88 Corvette convertible, 82 XJ100 gone to a new owner (sellers remorse is a horible thing)

looks like a really nice helmet and they have a good rating. I like the silver one myself.
    All I need now is a fork brace for 79F and I'm set
    79 XS1100F "JINGUS"
    07 V-star 1100
    Do you want it done right or do you want me to do it?

Comment

Seems nothing special...

Any helmet is better than no helmet... and AFAIK there is less than 10% variation in saftey when comparing cheap/expencive helmets.
      But I love myself the most, so I got a pretty expencive one. Well, at least for me (bout $300 US with discount).
      Check it out here.

I got a black one. External dimensions are a bit larger than the rest (cant get 2 in a topcase, my SWMBO has the same model), but hey... I love the integrated sun visor. And the de-fogging visor (you can pull it out by 1mm either side).
      Quiet till 60 MPH, then it gets a bit louder up to 130... didnt test it any faster... yet

My advice.. get a full face one... Safety, comfort, ...

LP
      If it doesn't have an engine, it's not a sport, it's only a game.
      (stole that one from I-dont-know-who)

Comment

Got the helmet in. Fits good looks great the only problem I have though is that when I exhale at low speeds (<30) it fogs up. IS there a way to prevent it from fogging?
        79 XS1100F "JINGUS"
        07 V-star 1100

Comment

fogging up

Why don't you get that stuff they sell for prescription glasses? You have seen it at fairs and probably on TV with the dish of steam coming up.

I use it on my mirrors in my bathroom and they don't fog up for about a month. Use it once a month, just a thought from Susie homemaker.

Good Luck and you are not far from us in Columbus Ohio.

Sherry & Mark
          79F XS1100
          79SF XS1100

Comment

I occasionally use a spray-on product I bought from Dennis Kirk, something like "Fog City" or something....

Comes out of the can in a light foam. polish the inside of the visor, let dry, then buff out. Does a nice job but only last for a couple weeks to a month.

Quite using it when I bought the Shoei, as they indicate you should not use such products on their shields. I use it mostly now on the HJC for cold weather riding.
            Jerry Fields
            '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
            '06 Concours
            My Galleries Page.
            My Blog Page.
            "... life is just a honky-tonk show." Cherry Poppin' Daddy Strut

Comment

I just crack it for a second and the fog goes away. <shrug> Not the best solution but I tried the anti fog spray on my last one and it was never teh same in sunlight again.
              1979 XS1100 - "Blue Belle"

Comment

Anyone tried Rain-X? works good on the windshield but I notice that after a while it turns white and you can't see anything till you reapply it. In that way it's a lot like crack. Once you start you can't stop.
                79 XS1100F "JINGUS"
                07 V-star 1100

Comment

Working...
                X